Neo

Wednesday #'s (IM3 - 8.1M) (let the meltdown begin) 200M in 6 days!

I have to say it's amazing how much the Canadians impact Tuesday box office with those discount ticket prices. I went by the theater Tuesday night and it looked like it wasn't as busy as Monday night. We don't have discounts here, so there would be no extra incentive for people to go. Baumer reported that the theaters in Toronto were packed Tuesday night.

THIS

The three theaters I drove by had sellouts for IM3 for much of the night.

• Like 1

That Friday jump is unrealistic. I'm expecting at least 150%.  ;)

But you can't have it both ways.  If it's going to jump that much Friday, then the Thurs number will be lower and the Sat jump will not be more than 50%.

THIS

The three theaters I drove by had sellouts for IM3 for much of the night.

That's so funny. And it creates CHAOS on these forums because of the Tuesday increases and gigantic Wednesday drops, haha. You know what? Those Canadian theater owners are like the Joker: Agents of Chaos.

• Like 1

Avengers didn't drop as hard on Wednesday either.

Ok, just find a film to model it after.  I gave you Thor and Avengers.  What would it have to do on Thurs and FRI, SAT in order to not drop more than 60%?

That's so funny. And it creates CHAOS on these forums because of the Tuesday increases and gigantic Wednesday drops, haha. You know what? Those Canadian theater owners are like the Joker: Agents of Chaos.

and you know the thing about chaos; it's fair

• Like 5

It will still make $400m. OW was just too damn big.

I agree with you.  But as it has been pointed out, if it follows Spiderman 3, it will finish with 386 mill. 

Then if the Friday increase is bigger, then Saturday won't be 66% either.

So how about this: if it follows Avengers:

Thurs:  7.4 (-9%)

Friday:  17.3 (135%)

Sat:  25.2 (+46%)

Sun:  19.1 (-27%)

61.6 mill

That's using Avengers

You better hope it follows Thor.  :)

Dude, it's playing closer to SM/IM1 so we'll see who was right once again. You'll say you didn't see it coming. ;)  :P

Following IM1

Thur 7.47M

Fri  20.85M

Sat 29.96M

Sun 20.94M  

Total 71.75M

This summer is going to be hilarious...

Next meltown coming will be ST Thursday number and then by Sunday we will go okay that was a good opening.

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

It needs a 2.3X to hit 400.  Go find all the blockbusters that did not hit a 2.3X.  I'll bet there are more than we think.

Ok, just find a film to model it after.  I gave you Thor and Avengers.  What would it have to do on Thurs and FRI, SAT in order to not drop more than 60%?

Thurs - $8.1m (flat)

Fri - $21m (+160%)

Sat - $29.5m (+40%)

Sun - $20.7m (-30%)

59.1% drop for the weekend. This is with weaker Friday/Saturday increases than IM1 (179% Friday, 43.7% Saturday).

• Like 1

I have to say it's amazing how much the Canadians impact Tuesday box office with those discount ticket prices. I went by the theater Tuesday night and it looked like it wasn't as busy as Monday night. We don't have discounts here, so there would be no extra incentive for people to go. Baumer reported that the theaters in Toronto were packed Tuesday night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOL3QEe8aXs

• Like 2

Dude, it's playing closer to SM/IM1 so we'll see who was right once again. You'll say you didn't see it coming. ;)  :P

Following IM1

Thur 7.47M

Fri  20.85M

Sat 29.96M

Sun 20.94M  

Total 71.75M

It's not playing anything like IM.

IM fell 6% on Tuesday and 11% on Wed...pretty big difference from flat on Tuesday and a enar 30% drop on Wed.

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=ironman.htm

Edited by baumer

OMG

You guys just don't learn...

If you looked at Spider Man 3 week days it should have dropped 70% !!

WHY it no drop 70%, because its May!!!

Its like a bunch of mewling quims every year forgotting box office basics all the time.

Edited by Lordmandeep

Thurs - $8.1m (flat)

Fri - $21m (+160%)

Sat - $29.5m (+40%)

Sun - $20.7m (-30%)

59.1% drop for the weekend. This is with weaker Friday/Saturday increases than IM1 (179% Friday, 43.7% Saturday).

What film did you model it after?