baumer

Titanic | James Cameron | Pretend it's 1997 all over again (The pure awe of Titanic's run)

Cameron is a complete moron for opening this up against a BOND movie!! TOMORROW NEVER DIES will sink this film just like the iceberg, critically and commercially...

Oh man, I completely forgot about that.  So what can we reasonable expect it to open to?  Titanic OW under 25 mill club anyone?

Hell I'll probably go see it as its the first time I'm going to legally be allowed to see naked breasts on a cinema screen.

However getting this a 12 rating is probably the only notable thing about this film.

• Like 2

James Cameron directing a Titanic love story is almost as ridiculous as that Dead Alive splatter dude making Lord of the Rings. 

What is this Lord of the Rings you speak of and when is it coming out?

• Like 2

HAHA titanic ran from the summer because it knew The Lost World is coming out. Mark my words, this will be the biggest box office year in history...and all due to one film and its brilliant director

Dinosaurs Rule the Earth!

Edited by Omario
  • Like 4

I just checked the budgets of the three highest grossing films from last year:

ID4:  75 mill

Twister:  92 mill

Mission Impossible:  80 mill

All were summer releases  and all had recognizable names and incredible special effects.  Now Cameron comes along and more than doubles the budget, gets it delayed until Christmas and has no real names in it.  I know DiCaprio is a good actor but he is not a draw of any kind.

• Like 6

Oh man, I completely forgot about that.  So what can we reasonable expect it to open to?  Titanic OW under 25 mill club anyone?

It'll be even lower than that. This will do FIFTH ELEMENT numbers at best, and that's only if the TERMINATOR blows up the ship at the end. What was Cameron thinking; the only way this would've done well is if BROSNAN was in the role of that whiny DiCaprio.

• Like 3

I'm thinking of starting an under Scream 2 club. That's certainly gonna overshadow this in terms of appeal to teen audiences. I've heard this thing is fucking 3 hours long.

Everybody in my school is talking about that movie. I wouldn't be surprised at all.