baumer

Titanic | James Cameron | Pretend it's 1997 all over again (The pure awe of Titanic's run)

I don't care what any of you guys say!  This film will be successful.  Call me a Cameron Crazy all you want, but in Cameron I trust.

Successful, maybe, but how much money is it going to have to make to cover the budget?  With 200 mill to get it in the can, how much more are they going to spend on marketing?  So successful?  It's going to have to make about 400-500 Mill WW just to break even.  I'm not sure how it will make that.

• Like 4

Lol. You might as well say it'll make over a billion WW...

I know we're just kidding around at this point, but Jurassic Park this is not.

I just checked the budgets of the three highest grossing films from last year:

ID4:  75 mill

Twister:  92 mill

Mission Impossible:  80 mill

All were summer releases 

But of course don't you see even though Titanic's budget is 80% of the total budget for these 3 films of course it makes financially sense to put all your eggs into the basket of one love story. It's bound to makes so much more back in returns [/sarcasm]

Total combined WW gross of those 3 films - $1.8BTitanic $2.1B

:)

Edited by chasmmi
  • Like 1

Be honest, is anybody a little more interested in The Postman?

Hell yes! Nevermind Waterworld, this is Costner back in the director's chair! I wouldn't be surprised to see him sweep at the Oscars again.

• Like 4

I'm presuming we're still in early November

:P

If Cameron wanted to actually win the year, he should've been directing ALIEN: RESURRECTION. I mean, it's no BOND movie, but it's going to be the best ALIEN movie yet!!

• Like 2

Never heard about the english gal in the lead, is she good ?

She's willing to get her tits out and with the amount of budget they had left for casting by the looks of it, there wasn't enough to persuade an A lister or even a C lister to do it it seems.

• Like 1

Be honest, is anybody a little more interested in The Postman?

Not really, it looks weird.  But have you guys seen that film called Swingers?  I caught it at one of the downtown theaters in Toronto as it's not playing anywhere near me.  There's a guy in it named Vince Vaughn, mark my words, he's going to blow up in a couple of years.  He's frikkin hilrious.  And I think the star (Jon Favreau) also wrote it....i think these guys might have a future.

• Like 2

Horrible horrible idea. This thing should not be greenlighted from the beginning.

Plus its a horrible release date. Screem 2 will break out big, then there is a Bond movie coming off. And As Good as It Gets will take the family crowd.

This thing is fucked. FOX/Par. is fucked. JIM is doomed. He should do another Terminator or True Lies, but not this. He cant handle a movie like this.

OD 2M/ OW 6M / DOM 30M/ OS 30M /WW 60M

THE DISASTER OF MOVIE HISTORY HERE WE COME

• Like 3

• Community Manager

Guys, I have a feeling this will make 600m...

Stop trolling. Like seriously. There's no way this movie will even make 1/4th of that.

Fool.

This will be the biggest bomb in history. Paramount is going to have to shut it's doors and it will ruin James Cameron's career.

• Like 8

Not really, it looks weird.  But have you guys seen that film called Swingers?  I caught it at one of the downtown theaters in Toronto as it's not playing anywhere near me.  There's a guy in it named Vince Vaughn, mark my words, he's going to blow up in a couple of years.  He's frikkin hilrious.  And I think the star (Jon Favreau) also wrote it....i think these guys might have a future.

Call me crazy, but when I saw the trailer for it, I couldn't stop thinking about if Robert Downey, Jr. was in it. That man should be the next BOND villain. :ph34r:

• Like 2