baumer

Titanic | James Cameron | Pretend it's 1997 all over again (The pure awe of Titanic's run)

5 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

PARAMOUNT IS DEAD! THOSE STUPID FUCKS! 200M WITHOUT MARKETING!

Honestly, I was gonna post an image of Star Trek Beyond with the thinking emoji, but the image thing is not working. It is giving me a error.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, setna said:

I don´t know how, but it´s very nice to me to see this thread is again alive.

I can be talking about Titanic and its run for years, i think there can be nothing more exciting for a box office numbers lover.

Can you imagine if this forum would be existed when Titanic played?

Would be really crazy the commnts after the end of christmas holidays with those unbelievable holds.

This forum missed Avatar aswell.

Don't worry though Setna, we can all enjoy Avatar 2 together.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

This forum missed Avatar aswell.

Don't worry though Setna, we can all enjoy Avatar 2 together.

This sounds very nice IronJumbo!!!

I really hope this will be true!

Anyway, it´s nice to see in this forum people who still love the old fashion box office runs.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

titanic is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year, would there be any small-scale of re-release like ET and SW? eventhough it's re release few years back 

would be nice!!!

and getting 283 million more in US and 602 more world wide and become n. 1 again!!!  :)

• Like 1

Titanic is one of a handful of films I'd see in the theater every year if I could.

I have never seen a run like Titanic, not in my lifetime.  Sure, I can remember back in the 80's when films like ET or Raiders or Rocky IV played for almost a year so those runs look similar to Titanic.  But there are some differences.  First, Titanic's highest grossing DAY came on day 58....Valentine's Day.  Let that sink in for just a minute.  DAY 58 was its highest grossing day.  now I'm taking nothing away from E.T because imo, their runs are very similar.  ET also kept picking up steam as it went along.  But that was also more the norm back 35 years ago.  20 years ago, not so much.  Titanic is a magic film and it had a magic box office run.  You'll never see a run like that again because everything is different now.  Streaming, pirating, Apple TV, Android boxes and so on will prevent us from ever seeing something like Titanic's run ever again.  But man on man, it was something to behold. 

• Like 8

7 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

titanic is an all time miracle, from developed countries to developing countries, from democratic to communist to islamic country,

all people embrace it.......it's the gone with the wind for the world

It´s very beautiful and very correct what you say.

A complete love declaration to a film who with the passing of years become more mand more mythical

• Like 2

11 hours ago, baumer said:

Titanic is one of a handful of films I'd see in the theater every year if I could.

I have never seen a run like Titanic, not in my lifetime.  Sure, I can remember back in the 80's when films like ET or Raiders or Rocky IV played for almost a year so those runs look similar to Titanic.  But there are some differences.  First, Titanic's highest grossing DAY came on day 58....Valentine's Day.  Let that sink in for just a minute.  DAY 58 was its highest grossing day.  now I'm taking nothing away from E.T because imo, their runs are very similar.  ET also kept picking up steam as it went along.  But that was also more the norm back 35 years ago.  20 years ago, not so much.  Titanic is a magic film and it had a magic box office run.  You'll never see a run like that again because everything is different now.  Streaming, pirating, Apple TV, Android boxes and so on will prevent us from ever seeing something like Titanic's run ever again.  But man on man, it was something to behold. 

Like I always said, it's a shame we dont have accurate tracking of OS boxoffice like we do for DOM, because if we do, we will have the proper way of appreciate the true epicness of Titanic's bo run. Titanic's OS story is, imo, more incredible than its DOM. The OS take alone would be the highest grossing film of all time and still 300m bigger than the second one. And it's the first film to transcend every country, every race, every religion and every culture, because it dominated everywhere on this planet, that's IMO a much more difficult job than just being the DOM king.

Before Titanic, the record is DOM 460m by SW(including re-release) and 530m by JP. Titanic beat the DOM record by 30% more, but it over doubled the previous OS record. It showed the full power of OS boxoffice, and thus changed how the studios treat this business.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

titanic is an all time miracle, from developed countries to developing countries, from democratic to communist to islamic country,

all people embrace it.......it's the gone with the wind for the world

Ha yes Kabul "the Titanic City". The story behind it is amazing.

`Titanic' fever rose in Kabul after the Taliban sank

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2003-04-21/features/0304210029_1_postcards-of-indian-stars-titanic-or-titanic-hair-large-cucumbers-and-potatoes

Afghanistan: 'Titanic' sinks beneath waves of humanity

http://reliefweb.int/report/afghanistan/afghanistan-titanic-sinks-beneath-waves-humanity

Titanic cut clampdown in Kabul

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/1136013.stm

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, vc2002 said:

Like I always said, it's a shame we dont have accurate tracking of OS boxoffice like we do for DOM, because if we do, we will have the proper way of appreciate the true epicness of Titanic's bo run. Titanic's OS story is, imo, more incredible than its DOM. The OS take alone would be the highest grossing film of all time and still 300m bigger than the second one. And it's the first film to transcend every country, every race, every religion and every culture, because it dominated everywhere on this planet, that's IMO a much more difficult job than just being the DOM king.

Before Titanic, the record is DOM 460m by SW(including re-release) and 530m by JP. Titanic beat the DOM record by 30% more, but it over doubled the previous OS record. It showed the full power of OS boxoffice, and thus changed how the studios treat this business.

I can't explain the popularity of it in that many markets.  It's an all white movie with an all American (for the most part) cast.  So it boils down to the love story between Jack and Rose, juxtaposed against the actual disaster.  Truly incredible.

• Like 1