baumer

Titanic | James Cameron | Pretend it's 1997 all over again (The pure awe of Titanic's run)

(Baumer in 2013 talking now)

Keep in mind, if you want to jump ahead to another day or week, feel free to do so, but just put the date that you are now talking about....just don't jump ahead too much...like I said, use common sense....let the thread brew)  :)

Okay, back to 1997.

So what do you guys think is going to win Best Picture this year? My bet is Amistad. Its a lock, practically

AMISTAD will break out and get the family audience, but the winner will be TOMORROW NEVER DIES, mark my words!!

It does look interesting from the trailer. If I'm going to watch it, it's because of the Titanic. 200M budget has to go into something, and I doubt that budget is for hair gel. The final part of the trailer, with the ship sinking, does look very well done, but still... A 200M budget is something from which you cannot gain profit. Especially now. Try again Cameron, maybe in 12 years...

• Like 2

It does look interesting from the trailer. If I'm going to watch it, it's because of the Titanic. 200M budget has to go into something, and I doubt that budget is for hair gel. The final part of the trailer, with the ship sinking, does look very well done, but still... A 200M budget is something from which you cannot gain profit. Especially now. Try again Cameron, maybe in 12 years...

I would normally agree, but he couldn't even afford to finish building the ship, it was supposed to be a full replica not just one side and a bit. It's embarassing that the most expensive film ever will be remembered for being made on the cheap.

I know it won't happen, but I really hope Stallone gets nominated for Copland this year.  He was frikkin amazing.  And maybe it could get a best picture nomination.

• Like 2

Btw, Leo who ??  :huh:

Good question. Who the heck is that guy? This is probably going to be his only big movie. Career's going downhill after this. Also, poor Winslet... She has a small career, also going to get ruined by this.

Whatever happened to James Cameron's SPIDER-MAN? I mean, it's no BOND, but making Marvel superheroes into movies has potential... I just hope if they ever do make it, they go with a legitimate director like Cameron, Spielberg, Spottiswoode, or even MARTIN CAMPBELL!! They better not go with some lame unproven director. Can you imagine a Marvel movie from the director of EVIL DEAD or BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER??? :sick: :sick: :sick:

Edited by Blankments Into Darkness
  • Like 6

So what do you guys think is going to win Best Picture this year? My bet is Amistad. Its a lock, practically

It'll be nominated for sure, but Spielberg won so recently. My current predict is Jackie Brown, it looks rad and they just HAVE to make up for snubbing QT a couple years back.

• Like 1

Well, it took me a while too, but I finally saw the trailer.  Sue me, but it does look good.  I think maybe it could open to more than 25 mill.  But it will still lose all its male audience to Bond opening weekend.

• Like 2