Alpha

CAYOM Year 7: Oscar Picks

Just a reminder, Meryl Streep's votes for Best Supporting Actress are being directed towards Best Actress, since that's what Blank has for her on his FYC.

No. The oscars don't work like that. Leading Actress votes count in leading actress only and supporting actress votes count in supporting actress only. The campaign is only to guide people and to tell them how to vote. How people actually vote is a different story. If a person garners enough votes to be nominated in either category, they are nominated in the category that they garnered the most votes in. 

• Like 1

No. The oscars don't work like that. Leading Actress votes count in leading actress only and supporting actress votes count in supporting actress only. The campaign is only to guide people and to tell them how to vote. How people actually vote is a different story. If a person garners enough votes to be nominated in either category, they are nominated in the category that they garnered the most votes in. 

OK, fine then, I'll just take that into account come tiebreakers.

Considering how the voting has gone, Meyrl has more votes for Best Actress (around 3). Her BSA picks have her at 2. If this stays the same, Meyrl will get a nomination for Actress instead of BSA.

Also, I should get done with the list today, and once riczhang and Numbers turn in the rest of their ballots we should be good to go.

Edited by Alpha

She is BS. Same for Lawrence. I hope she doesn't get in for lead, because I will definitely put her at rank #5, whereas for BS I will rank her way higher. The only time it causes problem if she gets in for both, in that case the higher count wins.

She is BS. Same for Lawrence. I hope she doesn't get in for lead, because I will definitely put her at rank #5, whereas for BS I will rank her way higher. The only time it causes problem if she gets in for both, in that case the higher count wins.

Lawrence ain't getting a nod from me. Her role in the film is quite underwritten.

• Like 2

It may be, but she has as much screen timer as Meryl. Obviously the creator decides which category to push, but that might cost her the victory. 

Don't care about screentime for Supporting Actress, care about depth, impact, and weight. JLAW's role in the film doesn't have much of those three things so I'm not nominating her. Comparing her role to Meryl's shows how little of those three things her character has in comparison to the mom.