#ED

Weekend Estimates - (BO.com forums <3 RTH)

FRIDAY 8 AM: My sources just said that Warner BrosThe Great Gatsby already is a record-breaker, doing more Thursday 10 PM /Friday midnight business from approximately 2,000 theaters than three other recent female-driven films. I’ve learned that early matinees today are very strong with lots of pre-sales, too, as the lush 3D drama expands into 3,535 locations (including over 3,000 3D locations in the mix) this opening weekend. The studio would be thrilled with a $35M debut but rival studios expect more. “Wouldn’t be surprised with $40+M to make it a horse race with Iron Man 3,” says a rival studio exec. Another thinks it has a “real shot’ at $50M. The Baz Luhrmann directed, Leonardo DiCaprio starrer grossed $3.250M at the late shows overperforming previous records for female-driven films.

My sources are saying early "Gatsby" sales indicate the film could gross as much as $55m this wknd! I predicted $45m; WB lowballed at $35m.

Edited by iTz ED

WTF? That IM3 horse race thing is almost as ridiculous as saying Caligula was a good emperor. There's no way it's dropping that much. (but in Better news Queen Nikki's back to her half one in the afternoon updates :lol:)

• Like 5

LOL

So The Avengers is "not a record"...

But Great Gatsby "doing more Thursday 10 PM /Friday midnight business than three other recent female-driven films" is "record-breaking".

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Nikki trolls hard  :wub:

• Like 2