filmnerdjamie

Wednesday Numbers (05/15)(Trek 3.25M early IMAX+midnts, GG 3.9, IM3 3.8)

The thing about releasing it early, early is Thursday.  Earlier, which most people don't know about, is Wed at 8pm.  Who the heck is going to know that unless you really follow box office trends?  Today is the real first day and the midnights/early shows are just bonus.

Remember in 2008 with IJATKOTCS?  People (including me) freaked out over a "soft" Thursday of 25 mill but it still did 125 mill for the 4 day.  Now I realize that was Memorial weekend, but still, it did really well after the meltdown on its first day.  I don't think STiD will do nearly as well, but this midnight number really means nothing.

B, as a mod, you should set examples, stay on topic please :D This is derailing. 

• Like 1

Would've preferred the gopher over Shia.

lol I remember when the movie came out and people were getting all like this over CGI gophers.

Posted Image

I mean, why? It's not like it was Indy's sidekick or something.

• Like 1

lol I remember when the movie came out and people were getting all like this over CGI gophers.

Posted Image

I mean, why? It's not like it was Indy's sidekick or something.

Its an amalgamation of everything that is lazy about that movie. 

No, the article says that the reason the budget jump was as much as $40 million was in part due to the 3D post-conversion.

The studio and co-financier Skydance Productions spent $190 million to make the new film -- at least $40 million more than on the last one. The movie's budget was so much higher because unlike the 2009 film, "Into Darkness" was converted to 3-D in post-production.

Nowhere does the article say that the 3-D conversion was the sole reason, only that it was a big factor in why the difference was that much.

Edited by 4815162342

I think a 25% drop is a pretty good hold for IM3 considering the IMAX situation plus the usual harsh Wednesday drop after a Tuesday increase.

What are you talking about, red? We all have established that IM3 has RIP while STiD is DOA  :)

• Like 1

I think the last minute Thursday release was a bad idea. Who even knew it was coming out today besides the die hard fans? Even a lot of places I saw never changed the advertised release date. I think its OW will be fine even if today sucks. Otherwise...yikes for this series. :unsure:

Edited by MovieMan89

I think its hilarious how everything starts to go wrong from the first frame of the movie.

Speak for yourself.  I loved it.  And it had a very big multiplier...so it is not hated by everyone.

• Like 1

No, the article says that the reason the budget jump was as much as $40 million was in part due to the 3D post-conversion.

I think Paramount is just being a bunch of candy asses. They're using the 3D conversion as an excuse. Why even bother? Just say it cost $190m and be done with it -- it's not like that's some outrageous amount now.

• Like 1