baumer

Thurs Numbers STID 11.4 GG 3.4 IM3 3.3

This is just terrible. Absolutely terrible. It's not like this is an original film with no built in fanbase, regardless of the date change, people who would rush out to see this (clearly not happening atm) on OD would have know this was a Thursday release. I hope I'm wrong and it sees a giant increase today.

• Like 2

thurs - 12

fri - 24

sat - 24

sun - 19

Even with these optimistic numbers ST2 barely gets half of what IM3 got for the opening 3-day.

200 m is not even a lock.

I'd hardly consider those numbers optimistic... I expect a much bigger jump Friday and Saturday than you do.

Most people I've talked to are saying they are seeing it this weekend. Not a lot of older audiences were going to see a film on Thursday which Trek has mostly.

This is just terrible. Absolutely terrible. It's not like this is an original film with no built in fanbase, regardless of the date change, people who would rush out to see this (clearly not happening atm) on OD would have know this was a Thursday release. I hope I'm wrong and it sees a giant increase today.

This is what I am thinking too. Even GI Joe 2 did 10.5M with a Thursday OD (it was bit different  since that was the day before Easter and that is usually a good day, but still...).

Thursday's top movies: #1 STAR TREK ID - $11.4M ($13M) #2 GREAT GATSBY - $3.4M ($66M) #3 IRON MAN 3 - $3.3M ($301M)

So ST made less than 10m without evening shows + midnights. 

I'm almost positive those numbers don't include Wednesday's $3.3M. I could mistaken though... Think it grossed $13.7M for the first 1.25 days of release.

Thursday's top movies: #1 STAR TREK ID - $11.4M ($13M) #2 GREAT GATSBY - $3.4M ($66M) #3 IRON MAN 3 - $3.3M ($301M)

So ST made less than 10m without evening shows + midnights. 

Posted Image