baumer

Thurs Numbers STID 11.4 GG 3.4 IM3 3.3

Needs to bounce back and perform like Crystal Skull this weekend or it's in trouble...seeing it on (real) IMAX today and looking forward to it, but disappointing od for sure. First thoughts are 4 years was too long to wait to release the sequel (should have been 2-3 years) and bad release date getting lost in crowd (assuming Fast 6 and H3 have big openings next week) and no one knew it was full Thurs od.Hopefully it has a really good increase today though and it was just lack of awareness that it opened yesterday (which is definitely part of it just not sure how much yet)...and first time Rth has been quite off? Went to sleep seeing his 17-20, wake up to 14 :(

Edited by FTF

It was $300m...then baumer got mad when HBP did $302m, so he changed it to $317m. 

All Potter under 300M than moved to under SS1, it almost came true than DH2 blasted by it.  ;)  :P

Yea, and it would have been close except when i made the prediction, 3D hadn't happened yet.

Agreed. There seems to be this prevailing notion that he wasn't good, but he was absolutely a part of its success. Joker rip-off or not, he was the big villain Craig's Bond needed at that time.

I swear I've only seen people here talk shit about Bardem in Skyfall. What assholes! He was awesome.

Rth's 17-20 was super early, he told us as much and said he would keep us updated (which he did)

That's the double-edged sword, either he reports his numbers super late like usual or they may be off a few M

Yea, and it would have been close except when i made the prediction, 3D hadn't happened yet.

Nah. DH2's 3D share by the end of its run added no more than a 6% surcharge. Its gross would have been $350m-$360m in 2D.

Edited by Noctis

Nah. DH2's 3D share by the end of its run added no more than a 6% surcharge. Its gross would have been $350m-$360m in 2D.

Not a chance.

There's no eye-roll gif that can match my actual eye-rolling. 

It's true though. He was saying that the general consensus was that Bardem wasn't good but it's totally not because this is genuinely the only place where I've seen him get a lot of criticism.

• Like 1

I think it could have made $100m with the awards attention it would have gotten. At the Academy, the vast majority of the people who watched Perks nominated the actors, story, and director in major categories. The problem is that not many people saw it. 

Where'd you hear that? I believe it, but I hadn't heard that.

Summit is such a failure of a studio, business-wise.

It's true though. He was saying that the general consensus was that Bardem wasn't good but it's totally not because this is genuinely the only place where I've seen him get a lot of criticism.

Of course it is!  :lol:

• Like 1