theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

So now what does this hold for PACIFIC RIM??? Is there ay movie around it jeopardizing it or what???

I don't think this indicates anything for Pacific Rim.  A huge success for Pacific Rim is probably predicted more on audiences rejecting World War Z, White House Down, and The Lone Ranger more than anything else.  And that's impossible to predict this far out.

May has been busy each year, for quite a few years now...

And Trek is only the second huge-budget release of the month, two weeks after IM3, so I don't think that's valid for this particular case.

THE AVENGERS was the only busy film last May lol.

Cause you're worked up over TREK'S Numbers is why?? Take a Valium or smoke some weed and you'll fall asleep and forget TREK Bombed..

Actually I'm not. I'm the rara avis of these boards that doesn't freak out over box office numbers good or bad.

Seriously, massively incredibly disappointing. I don't think there's been a blockbuster that's underperformed this much relative to even modest expectations since at least Prince Caspian. Barring a huge Saturday increase, $220m doesn't even seem likely. Unbelievable.

Edited by Biggestgeekever

Yeah, but nothing compared to IM3's jump. IM3 just had "a shocking Friday jump for the ages." :P

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

It's really remarkable how IM3 is performing on the weekend, and at the same time, it's also incredible how shitty its weekdays are  ^_^

Posted Image

Seriously, massively incredibly disappointing. I don't think there's been a blockbuster that's underperformed this much relative to even modest expectations since at least Prince Caspian. Barring a huge Saturday increase, $220m doesn't even seem likely. Unbelievable.

What about the Taylor Kitsch two for one flopspectacular last year?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

It's really remarkable how IM3 is performing on the weekend, and at the same time, it's also incredible how shitty its weekdays are  ^_^

If Gatsby holds 50% or under that's a victory.  IM3's just a behemoth at this point.

Edit: Quoted the wrong quote.  Oh well.

Edited by VanAuger32

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: It's really remarkable how IM3 is performing on the weekend, and at the same time, it's also incredible how shitty its weekdays are  ^_^

It's been a total roller coaster the past two weeks, but we can stop worrying about it. It's going to perform how it's going to perform and eventually reach 400M domestic.
  • Like 1