theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

Something I do notice that this, Sherock and Skyfall had perhaps the most oldest audiences I've seen for major blockbusters. (So did MI4)

I remember people laughing at me when I said Skyfall would do 700M+ OS and 300M domestic. :lol:

I remember people laughing at me when I said Skyfall would do 700M+ OS and 300M domestic. :lol:

On CAYOM I had a Bond film do 1B OS, and people were saying that was impossible. I simply said that the person who did the actauls that year had Bond making 350M, and since Bond does much better OS....still they laughed (Too bad that post is long gone)

Plus this is the type of film that makes toys.

Whenever I think of Star Trek, toys aren't in the picture. How popular are they really? And with the split of rights between CBS and Paramount, there will be some confusion as far as toy brands are concerned.

Whenever I think of Star Trek, toys aren't in the picture. How popular are they really? And with the split of rights between CBS and Paramount, there will be some confusion as far as toy brands are concerned.

NBC owned the show and Trek does sell quite well with the fanbase.

25~27 was fine, but 22 is pretty low considering my expectations, ugh

Some were saying 20M earlier, so on the bright side it isn't that bad as some said.

While for major sci-fi's it seems only Star Wars and The Matrix have increases after long waits.

Edit: Okay Tron 2-but that is kind of diffrent.

Edited by Impact

Not comparable. T3 was 12 years removed from T2 which is too long to expect similar grosses.

Actually it was. It was being predicted by many to win Summer 2003. T2 was a beloved film. If the posts from BOM were still here I would bump them to show you guys. (MIB2 is probably the best comparison though)

Actually it was. It was being predicted by many to win Summer 2003. T2 was a beloved film. If the posts from BOM were still here I would bump them to show you guys. (MIB2 is probably the best comparison though)

I'm pretty sure The Matrix Reloaded was the more popular choice to win summer 2003.

I'm pretty sure The Matrix Reloaded was the more popular choice to win summer 2003.

It was one of them, but so was T3. And The Hulk. I actually remember all of this even, more so then most people here :P