theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

Wow you just quoted a post from a while back :PBut yeah it was a film people called it a flop for some odd reason.

I don't like IM2 at all, but it wasn't a flop. However if they hadn't done Avengers, Iron Man 3 would have definitely made less money. Marvel lucked out with Avengers being so huge. B)

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

I don't like IM3 at all, but it wasn't a flop. However if they hadn't done Avengers, Iron Man 3 would have definitely made less money. Marvel lucked out with Avengers being so huge. B)

I agree. Even if they released a BLACK WIDOW movie now with all her FAKE villains it would still make money.

T2 and The Matrix Reloaded are in the same ballpark in terms of tickets sold. I think it would've been foolish for people to think that T3 could've put up similar numbers. Reloaded had momentum and hype very few films will ever get.

• Like 2

I don't like IM3 at all, but it wasn't a flop. However if they hadn't done Avengers, Iron Man 3 would have definitely made less money. Marvel lucked out with Avengers being so huge. B)

Luck had nothing to do with it. It was pre-planned from IM1 with the culmination being TA. It required a lot of hard work by many. It worked perfectly but definitely not luck.  ;)  :D

• Like 6

Luck had nothing to do with it. It was pre-planned from IM1 with the culmination being TA. It required a lot of hard work by many. It worked perfectly but definitely not luck.  ;)  :D

IRON MAN ll was part of the plan too? And also the changing of directors?  :lol:

T2 and The Matrix Reloaded are in the same ballpark in terms of tickets sold. I think it would've been foolish for people to think that T3 could've put up similar numbers. Reloaded had momentum and hype very few films will ever get.

That is true, Reloaded was anticipated as fuck.  However, it had horrible legs.  It could have made a lot more if it had been received better.

Just because two movies in similar genres sell approximately the same number of tickets, doesn't mean that is the cap.

Yes, really. Biggest movie of 1991 by nearly 25%.

http://boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?yr=1991&p=.htm

I know, it was huge.