theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

So that explains Thursday to Saturday numbers for STID. People thought it was coming out on Sunday!  :P

I remember way back in Buzz and Tracking thread when the tracking came out for STID for 75m for the 3 day.  A lot of people scoffed and said it was too low. I guess early tracking was right.

I think Paramount is trying to save as much face as they can today, but tomorrow the actual will be quite a bit lower.

23% is noticeably low, lol.  Stranger things have happened.

I remember way back in Buzz and Tracking thread when the tracking came out for STID for 75m for the 3 day.  A lot of people scoffed and said it was too low. I guess early tracking was right.

People were really not interested in this, especially 25 and lower. Should have seen this coming actually. 

Fast 6 is going to somewhat underperform I think because it is opening will be damaged by Hangover 3 whether you want to admit it or not. And since Fast and Furious is a frontloaded franchise that is not a good thing

Edited by Robert Muldoon

Fast 6 is going to somewhat underperform I think because it is opening will be damaged by Hangover 3 whether you want to admit it or not. And since Fast and Furious is a frontloaded franchise that is not a good thing

I agree to an extent. It's going to be unavoidable with both opening on the same date. There's no way around it. Now which one will suffer will remain to be seen. I got a feeling that F6 is going to be the must see this weekend though.

This whole May schedule is a goddamn mess. Studios should have learned a lesson from overcrowded 2007 May and the fates of Dark Shadows and Battleship last year. If FF6 and TH3 do underperform next week then I am guessing we will never see such a crowded schedule ever again in the near future.

• Like 4

Can we bet on this? F6 and TH3 will separated by at least $30M. You've said the same thing for months, you wanna?

Speaking of Gatsby, I noticed

Leo has a tendency to die in his movies. Titanic, Departed, this, Django, Blood Diamond

. Poor Leo never catches a break.

He needs to make a movie with

Sean Bean

• Like 3