theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

If it remains at 53% drops (or at least averages such) from here on out it gets there.

Nope... It won't. The average drops for daily (Monday-Thursday) will be 55-57% this week. A 58-60% drop because of Fast Six and Hangover, and then it'll keep a week on 60% Daily drops, until it levels out in two weeks at 50% drops again. It won't do it. You listen to me.

• Like 1

Don't see how you get that its at 337 now and it has 40ish million left in weekends not counting memorial holiday and the start of summer weekdays. It crosses 400 comfortably and ends between Toy Story 3 and Dead Mans Chest

I calculated everything... 40M from weekends alone? Yeah... The rest from dailies... not so sure.

337MWeekend: 35.182M

Nearly 60% drop because of Fast Six: 14M...

351M.

50% drop = 7, smaller drops, 4.5, 3.1, 2.1, 1.2 = 16.9M weekends.

367.9M ... If it'll make another 32.1M from weekdays, we'll talk about it.

Guy I have a confession to make: 

I am actually iceroll, Spidey Freak and iJack.  These are all my accounts and I just like to troll 

:ph34r:

BKB as well?

Nope... It won't. The average drops for daily (Monday-Thursday) will be 55-57% this week. A 58-60% drop because of Fast Six and Hangover, and then it'll keep a week on 60% Daily drops, until it levels out in two weeks at 50% drops again. It won't do it. You listen to me.

You forget that the memorial holiday will soften the drop this weekend balancing out the extra competition
  • Like 1

LOL. IM3 is crossing 400M with ease

I'm asking you nicely to start and do the math right now... Day by day, weekend by weekend, add together then add to the amount it has grossed right now, and then I will ask you to tell me that it's passing 400M.

Saw STiD yesterday... i liked it, enjoyed it, but i wasn't quite blown away by it, the way i was by ST09.

Anyway, not sure if the following vid has been posted but it may partly shed some light why this isn't doing as well as everyone expected (me included) box office-wise. Granted it was filmed in jan but still...

Edited by jse
  • Like 5

You forget that the memorial holiday will soften the drop this weekend balancing out the extra competition

Myeah... Fine. 50% drop, which is average drop. It'll make it 17M... Big deal. 3M difference. Still not helping for 400M.

Edited by ChD

Mixed WOM??? :wtf: This movie is playing great with families on the weekend..

Cause 50% drops suggest the reviews ARE STELLAR, and apparently, so is the Word of Mouth.

the US waits for MU from Pixar

I saw a new trailer for MU with IM3 and it went over like gangbusters with the families in attendance. It was much better than the teaser Pixar released a few months ago, with gags that were actually hilarious even to me. MU is gonna mint money for Disney (like we didn't already know that).

Myeah... Fine. 50% drop, which is average drop. It'll make it 17M... Big deal. 3M difference. Still not helping for 400M.

That's fine if you wish but I highly doubt it falls 50% on the three day probably makes 20/24 next weekend alone. Of course if the dailies are really bad then I might change my mind but it already lost IMAX so it will balance out.

None of these movies has ever fallen more than 40% on Mem. weekend. Even Wolverine fell 45%

None of these movies has ever fallen more than 40% on Mem. weekend. Even Wolverine fell 45%

You tell me a memorial weekend that had two movies that were the caliber of Hangover 3 and Fast Six...

Just like some of you said Star Trek was opening to over 100M in 3Days ALONE. This year's different, and you've seen it... Expect some big differences this weekend.

Edited by ChD

I saw a new trailer for MU with IM3 and it went over like gangbusters with the families in attendance. It was much better than the teaser Pixar released a few months ago, with gags that were actually hilarious even to me. MU is gonna mint money for Disney (like we didn't already know that).

And even with the rather lackluster teaser, MU still looks miles and miles better than Epic. Of all the new releases next week, if there is one I want to bomb, it's that one. It won't though, cause it's the first family animation in months  <_<