Alpha

CAYOM Year 7: OSCAR NOMINATIONS (Ceremony At 8 PM EST, Saturday 5/25)

And what a masterpiece that was. 

Should've been nominated for Best Picture. Instead of that Artist movie.

The Artist was a great silent movie. Unfortunately it was released in 2011, 80 years too late.

Yeah, I kind of agree. Drive, 50/50, A Separation, and TTSS were much better than all of the nominated films, IMO.

I enjoyed the Artist a lot, but it feels like fluff more than anything else.

Edited by Spaghetti

2011 sucked in general; all six of the 2012 BP noms I saw would've won in 2011. :P

IKR, 2011 was one of the worst years in recent Oscar memory. Without Billy Crystal the ceremony would've charted below 30 million viewers.

Arcturus Entertainment would like to point out that all advertisements featuring presenters, nominees, and performers must be placed at least one hour away from the time that their category is being presented, or they are on stage. Each studio may only buy one movie ad, maximum of 2 minutes. No mention of Oscars, Oscar nominated Movies, or sequels to Oscar nominated movies may be used in ads; nor are Oscar nominated Movies, or sequels to Oscar nominated movies allowed to be advertised. :P (The Academy rules for advertising are a bit of a joke. :lol:)

Edited by riczhang
  • Like 1

And as a rule of thumb, if you are debuting a trailer, spot or movie clip during the ceremony, you need to post it in the regular format with the ceremony.

I don't mean to be strict, but I am.

Arcturus Entertainment would like to point out that all advertisements featuring presenters, nominees, and performers must be placed at least one hour away from the time that their category is being presented, or they are on stage. Each studio may only buy one movie ad, maximum of 2 minutes. No mention of Oscars, Oscar nominated Movies, or sequels to Oscar nominated movies may be used in ads; nor are Oscar nominated Movies, or sequels to Oscar nominated movies allowed to be advertised. :P (The Academy rules for advertising are a bit of a joke. :lol:)

Posted Image

And as a rule of thumb, if you are debuting a trailer, spot or movie clip during the ceremony, you need to post it in the regular format with the ceremony.

I don't mean to be strict, but I am.

And what is the regular format with the ceremony? Hard to write one without knowing the format, haha

And what is the regular format with the ceremony? Hard to write one without knowing the format, haha

Similar to something you'd post in the trailers thread. However there can be exceptions.

I write trailers in the same format I always write them.

Plus, I never said it'd be in the Oscar ceremony thread. ;)

Honestly, it'd be much more with the rest of the ceremony if it were.