baumer

Tuesday Numbers stid 6.8-9, IM3 2.8, TGG 2.8

Since Avengers was one, people are now considering these movies as such.

I think they are for sure viewed as more general audience acceptable for sure.However, I don't think Thor Dark World(as much as I'm eager for it) will play like a family movie. No one should expect TDW to behave similar on weekdays/weekends as IM3 has been.Captain America Winter Soldier, based on the nutshell description of 'political thriller' may very well play out more an adult drama. Just with a bit more action, in terms of audience. We'll see though.

I think they are for sure viewed as more general audience acceptable for sure.However, I don't think Thor Dark World(as much as I'm eager for it) will play like a family movie. No one should expect TDW to behave similar on weekdays/weekends as IM3 has been.Captain America Winter Soldier, based on the nutshell description of 'political thriller' may very well play out more an adult drama. Just with a bit more action, in terms of audience. We'll see though.

I think IM3 is playing like a family movie because after TA, IM got a boost in the kid's fan base. Same goes for Thor and Cap, so I reckon regardless of the nature of TDW and TWS, kid fans of those two will want to see the movies for them, one time at least.

I think IM3 is playing like a family movie because after TA, IM got a boost in the kid's fan base. Same goes for Thor and Cap, so I reckon regardless of the nature of TDW and TWS, kid fans of those two will want to see the movies for them, one time at least.

Agreed-Kids love Iron Man. That's it. They do. After the Avengers they love all the Marvel characters.

My co-workers 3 year old daughter dressed up as IM for Halloween, lol. Her mom was pissed that she refused being a Disney princess.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 3

And with the Avengers cartoons the last 5-6yrs + Super Hero Squad the youth(6-15yr olds) will now be able to name as many if not more Marvel characters than DC ones. When was the last Justice League cartoon? A decade ago? JLU in the late 90's/early 00's gave exposure to broader DC characters for a 2-3yr span but those kids are 20-somethings now. Where is a JLA cartoon? 

Marvel has a lot of characters now in live action AND cartoons. 

Falcon, coming to a cinema near you for example. Rocket freaking Raccoon. 

Agreed-Kids love Iron Man. That's it. They do. After the Avengers they love all the Marvel characters.

My co-workers 3 year old daughter dressed up as IM for Halloween, lol. Her mom was pissed that she refused being a Disney princess.

Yeah, exactly. And with Disney as the distributor, handling Marvel-related toys, merchandising, it helps Avengers characters become even more popular with kids.

Wonder why IM3 is playing like a family movie? You should have seen the amount of ads and TV spots Disney run for IM3 on all their Disney Channels, ABC Family, etc..

About the bold part, I saw this online, maybe a compromise is good?

Posted Image

Still a Princess, and at the same time, Captain America  :lol:

Edited by Sam
  • Like 2

Ta 2 opening will be a perfect storm of comic fanbase..adults. young people and families..Based off that of will not only break the Sat and Sunday records again but the opening day record held by dh2 as well.

I know it's possibly anecdotal but Mavel has a sizable portion of any Disney Store you walk into as well. The kids see it, know it.

Walk into a Hot Topic or Spencers and the teen market also has the Marvel Brand in front of them. 

At Target and Wal-Mart the adult sections have casual Marvel shirts for adults.

You can't really escape the Marvel Brand.

Yeah, exactly. And with Disney as the distributor, handling Marvel-related toys, merchandising, it helps Avengers characters become even more popular with kids.

Wonder why IM3 is playing like a family movie? You should have seen the amount of ads and TV spots Disney run for IM3 on all their Disney Channels, ABC Family, etc..

About the bold part, I saw this online, maybe a compromise is good?

Posted Image

Still a Princess, and at the same time, Captain America  :lol:

How cute! Nah. Her fave is Iron Man.

Ta 2 opening will be a perfect storm of comic fanbase..adults. young people and families..Based off that of will not only break the Sat and Sunday records again but the opening day record held by dh2 as well.

100M+ OD, 250M+ OW. Either that or FLOP  :P

Comic books are for kids so why is it surprising that they will love comic book movies ?

Is that a rhetorical question? Or have you not been reading the comments since IM3's release.

Is that a rhetorical question? Or have you not been reading the comments since IM3's release.

Some people are surprised that IM3 is doing well with families even though all super hero movies do great with the family demo.

100M+ OD, 250M+ OW. Either that or FLOP  :P

Is a 250 mill OW actually possible? And i mean physically. TA put some serious stress on credit card systems. My local theatre's  here in Bloomington broke down the saturday of TA's weekend.