druv10

Wednesday: Hangover 3 ($3.1m Wed+Thu sneaks), STID 5.3M, TGG 2.3M, IM3 2.2M

Corrected: WB reports $3.1M from Wednesday evening/midnight shows for THE HANGOVER 3. That's a far cry from the... http

Wednesday's top movies: #1 STAR TREK: ID $5.3M ($103M) #2 GREAT GATSBY $2.3M ($98M) #3 IRON MAN 3 $2.2M ($345M)

Not good, much lower than TH2. 

Edited by druv10

• Founder / Operator

While I'm certainly still seeing a big drop from TH2 overall, let's also keep in mind the release date change came fairly late whereas TH2 was long-planned for a Thursday open.

Funny note: even WB's e-mail this morning stated "Thursday Late shows". :lol:

• Like 1

3.1m is more than I thought it would make. Not many sell outs but it had a lot of show times. So I guess that helps.

Theaters were a dead zone last night.

It may sound like spin, but it's true. The Thursday date change WAS a big factor in the drop. I hate to bring a personal anecdote into this, but one of my best buddies considers the Hangover series to be by far his favorite movies- and when I asked him about it, he had no damn clue that the third one came out today. He was geared up to see it with a big group tomorrow. So I really do think it has an effect.

• Like 2

While I'm certainly still seeing a big drop from TH2 overall, let's also keep in mind the release date change came fairly late whereas TH2 was long-planned for a Thursday open.

Funny note: even WB's e-mail this morning stated "Thursday Late shows". :lol:

True but that's well over 70% drop from TH2. I remember that being in double digits. Noway to spin this, this number is bad.  ;)  :P

Edited by druv10