CJohn

Thursday Numbers | The Hangover 3 - 11.8M (includes WED night) | FF6 - 6.5M (previews + midnights)

just got back looks like Th3 15-16 today solid west coast business FF6 could be anywhere between 5-7 previews, its def overperforming in the west coast, epic has INSANE preview grosses 10+ depending on west coast and huge presales for weekend ahead(I want to see how close I am...)

Wait, "epic has insane preview?" as in the animation Epic?
  • Like 1

THURSDAY 11:30 PM, 2ND UPDATE: Warner Bros’ The Hangover Part III co-financed with Legendary Pictures went wide in 3,555 North American theaters today and my sources say it opened to $11 million which includes the $3.1M from Wednesday late shows and Thursday midnights. That’s miniscule compared to The Hangover Part II‘s Thursday opening on May 26, 2011 of $31.6M at 3,615 locations, which was the highest-grossing opening day ever for a live-action comedy. (H3‘s also is less than Thursday’s $13.5M debut a week ago for Star Trek Into Darkness.) Plus audiences only gave The Hangover Part III a ‘B’ CinemaScore compared to the ‘A-’ which the sequel scored. This threequel also scored even worse reviews (only 26% positive on Rotten Tomatoes) than H2 (34%) which was considered embarrassingly awful

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/crowded-memorial-weekend-kick-off-hangover-iii-opens-to-hot-3-1m-late-shows/

I missed the best part of Nikki's article!

But it’s still going to make a lot of moolah: worldwide moviegoers really like this mindless crap especially during the summer months.

:rofl:

• Like 7