#ED

4-Day Wknd Est: FF6 - 120M; TH3 - 51.2M; STID - 47M; Epic - 42.6M; IM3 - 24.3M; TGG - 17M

I am seeing around 15% 

but I imagine the film will likely hold well over the weekend as Fast Five has expanded the appeal of these films as such they are not that frontloaded anymore... Fast 4 and Fast 5 legs were quite different. 

But F5 had already expanded the audience a lot on its opening weekend alone compared to FF4's. And yet it still had roughly the same multi as FF4. So why would this have  a significantly higher one?

I thought we weren't allowed gifs in sigs.....

As long as it's within the 400x150 limit, gif away :)And good numbers all around (well except H3) if 35ish for FF6 and 10.5-11.5 for ST hold. Edited by FTF

But F5 had already expanded the audience a lot on its opening weekend alone compared to FF4's. And yet it still had roughly the same multi as FF4. So why would this have  a significantly higher one?

If they had the same multi, F5 would've made 188m. It did something quite remarkable, opened bigger than its predecessor and had a better multi. 11% better.

Rth said if it was same release pattern as F5 than it would be looking at 40M but with MD weekend, more spread out grosses are likely so his 33-36M projection. 

If they had the same multi, F5 would've made 188m. It did something quite remarkable, opened bigger than its predecessor and had a better multi. 11% better.

I'm aware. I said it didn't have a much higher multi. 2.2 to 2.4x is not a massive difference. Last I checked, 2.4x multis are still very frontloaded movies. So please tell me how F6 will not continue to be a frontloaded movie? It could have a 2.6x multi, and it's still a pretty frontloaded movie. That's just the nature of the series. Not sure why you and Lordman are so intent on arguing with me on this subject? :wacko:

I'm aware. I said it didn't have a much higher multi. 2.2 to 2.4x is not a massive difference. Last I checked, 2.4x multis are still very frontloaded movies. So please tell me how F6 will not continue to be a frontloaded movie? It could have a 2.6x multi, and it's still a pretty frontloaded movie. That's just the nature of the series. Not sure why you and Lordman are so intent on arguing with me on this subject? :wacko:

It's a pretty big difference when the movie in question opens 20% bigger.

It's a pretty big difference when the movie in question opens 20% bigger.

I agree, F5 was a very impressive feat. So much so that what makes you think F6 would be able to replicate it? I think if it has the same multi as F5 with a 5m or so bigger OW then that would be quite an achievement already. No one should be expecting anything more.

If RTH is correct, we're looking at ~80m in Friday box office from only six movies. That's crazy. Now imagine if Hangover was actually doing well..

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 1

If RTH is correct, we're looking at ~80m in Friday box office from only six movies. That's crazy. Now imagine if Hangover was actually doing well..

I imagine it wouldn't be too different, just other movies making less.

What's the top 5 overall single day BO?

DH2 OD, TA OD?

What's the top 5 overall single day BO?

DH2 OD, TA OD?

1. Deathly Hallows 91m

2. Avengers 80m

3. The Dark Knight Rises 75m

4. New Moon 72m

5. Breaking Dawn 1 71,6m

6. Breakingt Dawn 2 71.1m

7. Iron Man 3 68m

• Like 2