#ED

4-Day Wknd Est: FF6 - 120M; TH3 - 51.2M; STID - 47M; Epic - 42.6M; IM3 - 24.3M; TGG - 17M

Just went to the theater and bought tickets for F6 at 7. A family of 4 in front of me bought tickets for Epic, then a dad and son bought tickets for F6, then a FAMILY of 5 bought tickets for F6, and husband and white atleast 35 years old bought tickets for F6 - and if you looked at the husband and wife, youd think they were going to Gatsby.

• Like 1

Gatsby opening day was 19

He meant those numbers as early, premature numbers reported just base on matinees. IM3 went up from 58M to like 68M, TGG went up too, while STiD went down big.

I think people really underestimated Epic, it's in a fantastic slot.  The last computer animated kids movie was The Croods 2 months ago,  FF6 and TH3 don't target family audiences.  It's only real competition for families is IM3 which came out 3 weeks ago.  There isn't another animated kids movie until Monsters University in a month.  All Fox had to do was give a the regular old marketing push and it's doing fine.

It'll really be interesting to see how it does this weekend.

It may turn out that just about everybody in baumer's game underestimated it.

I'd definitely appreciate BTC's matinee numbers, since we could at least then do our own extrapolations.

And as a reminder, the noon PST estimates for Fast and Furious were $20m and $30-35m for Fast Five. It's no guarantee we'll see it happen here, but this franchise's strength on the west coast historically makes it at least reach the upper level of early projections.

• Like 2

He meant those numbers as early, premature numbers reported just base on matinees. IM3 went up from 58M to like 68M, TGG went up too, while STiD went down big.

My bad.

Peeples>>.Big wedding.

If Peeples reaches 10M it achieves honorary blockbuster status