#ED

4-Day Wknd Est: FF6 - 120M; TH3 - 51.2M; STID - 47M; Epic - 42.6M; IM3 - 24.3M; TGG - 17M

Shawn, no officials number for the 3 holdovers yet?

Disney taking their time as usual. Besides their busy with the 24HR Summer Theme Park bash. :wub:

F5 was definitely a breakout.

Yeah meant that I just get wordy sometimes :lol: I fixed the post. Edited by WileECoyote

The front-loaded history of Fast movies makes me cautious to project more than $230-235m based on a $118-120m 4-day.

I'm still hoping for 250 m somehow.

It might get a 125 m 5-day and school getting out soon might help the weekday legs a bit.

That's a great number for Fast 6, but 300m total at 75%? Are you kidding?

At the moment, 100m 3d would be a surprise to me, it would need to increase slightly on saturday, can't see that to be honest.

I mean, if it would behave like Pirates 3, it would do 91m 3day, and that one had massive thursday previews that took pressure off the weekend.

I think the studios have a very nicely differentiated set of releases in May here. All cater to different demographics. Trekkies are too proud to be a Marvelite. While girlfriends are pulling the jock boyfriends off Wolfpack to GATSBY, others still show up for Rainbow Coalition FF6 (black, Italians, Hispanics, Asians are all well represented), a nice non-conformist counterpoint to the dull idealism of STAR TREK. Families shun all the fireworks and drag their kids to a safe EPIC. And everybody wins out. Except for the Wolfpack.

I think Hangover and Fast cannabalized each other a little bit with the jock/frat boy audience.

• Founder / Operator

Shawn, no officials number for the 3 holdovers yet?

We're still waiting on official numbers from Disney and Paramount. Gatsby's is $3.96m

Is there still a chance Hangover 3 loses 2nd place or has that ship sailed?

Possible...but I think WB will make sure that doesn't happen. wink wink nudge nudge

• Like 1