#ED

4-Day Wknd Est: FF6 - 120M; TH3 - 51.2M; STID - 47M; Epic - 42.6M; IM3 - 24.3M; TGG - 17M

I wonder how many more Fast and Furious movies they can do until things get stale and the domestic box office take starts to drop like a rock.

I guess if the overseas take gets high enough it won't matter like POTC.

When they get to the point of giraffe decapitations.

• Like 8

I wonder how many more Fast and Furious movies they can do until things get stale and the domestic box office take starts to drop like a rock.

F&F is an example of a franchise that learned how to reinvent itself. With the last few movies they've centered the focus on an appealing "family" of characters with clearly defined quirks. Action is nice and all, but the real big earners are the films that have memorable characters that people want to see more of.

• Like 2

F&F is an example of a franchise that learned how to reinvent itself. With the last few movies they've centered the focus on an appealing "family" of characters with clearly defined quirks. Action is nice and all, but the real big earners are the films that have memorable characters that people want to see more of.

This. The moment it became character-driven as opposed to action-driven was the moment the series turned around again. (Puns intended)

When was that?Fast Five or the movie before?

Fast and Furious probably.

F&F when they brought back Vin and Paul together, along with Jordana Brewster. Fast Five was the franchise picking up speed after it was already turned in the right direction.

Edited by Spidey Freak

F&F when they brought back Vin and Paul together, along with Jordana Brewster. Fast Five was the franchise picking up speed after it was already turned in the right direction.

Bringing in Luda and Tyrese as comic relief was the big kicker, imo. Every single one of their jokes get a tone of laughs.

• Like 3

• Founder / Operator

Bringing in Luda and Tyrese as comic relief was the big kicker, imo. Every single one of their jokes get a tone of laughs.

Agreed. Very minor spoiler:

Tyrese's spit take in the final scene was gold.

Edited by ShawnMR

I disagree with this. Fast and furious didn't exactly have great WOM. Fast Five just did a great job in marketing itself as a balls to the was action movie with the edition of The Rock which certainly helped. The comedy between the characters and a great carnage infested heist made people love the film, that's when they steered the franchise into the right direction inventing itself more as an action movie rather a racing franchise which took itself a tad too seriously and F6 has quite clearly followed that pattern. Edited by Jessie
  • Like 1

The big $$$ these days is in merchandising, which is why animated flicks and superhero franchises are such priorities for studios

And don't forget you can throw them into a theme park

Gonna be very close I think as to whether or not this weekend breaks the biggest weekend record.

F6: 95-97

STID: 36-38

TH3: 36-38

Epic: 34-37

IM3: 19-21

TGG: 13-15

rest of top 12: 12-18m

245-264m

Record is 259m. If it misses it it will be because of Flopover.

Edited by MovieMan89

• Founder / Operator

Gonna be very close I think as to whether or not this weekend breaks the biggest weekend record.

F6: 95-97

STID: 36-38

TH3: 36-38

Epic: 34-37

IM3: 19-21

TGG: 13-15

rest of top 12: 12-18m

245-264m

Record is 259m. If it misses it it will be because of Flopover.

I think that's a conservative projection for TH3, but, the WOM makes it somewhat feasible. $41-44m seems do-able.