Maverikk

Favorite Bond Actor

I think its all about timing and the audience. Had I grown up with Connery, I probably wouldn't ever consider ranking him anything other than #1. But I grew up with Brosnan (and now Craig), so while I respect Connery as the original and the definitive template of who Bond is supposed to -- and as the actor with the better movies -- if I were stuck on an island somewhere and only allowed to watch one James Bond movie/actor, it wouldn't be his.Honestly, I think Craig has the potential to match him in terms of greatness as remembered by history...he just needs one or two more really good movies. QOS wasn't all that great, but I'd still take it over half of Brosnan's films.

Well I also grew up with Brosnan and Craig, so I disagree about timing. Connery's Bond is timeless.

1. Roger Moore - The first Bond that I was introduced too, so that influences my opinion a bit.2. Sean Connery - I would like him more if I had never seen him in Never Say Never Again or Diamond's are Forever3. Daniel Craig - He's been awesome so far, hopefully we get at least two more movies with him4. Pierce Brosnan - Wasn't the biggest fan of his movies, but he was always good in the role5. Timothy Dalton - Never understood why people complain about him so much6. George Lazenby - Actually really liked him, but I can't really put him higher with only one film

Huge Bond fan and i've liked almost every actor that has portrayed him .1) Sean Connery -He is the original and the best of all the actors , in general, that have played Bond. He wasn't like the Bond of the books but i can't put him anywhere but the n.1 position .2) George Lazenby -Yes he isn't a great actor (though he was great in some italian thrillers later in his career), yes he played in only one movie and he was a roockie at that time buuuuuuuut..........he is exactly how i pictured Bond reading the books. He carried himself amazingly in OHMSS , the way he walked (learned that from his modelling days obviously) was great and he is by far the best ever in the action scenes (with Craig a distant second) . The problem was that he had a classic sixties look and the movie he played was the most classic Bond film since :From Russia with love" but the seventies were coming and people were looking for something different .3) Roger Moore- He saved the Bond franchise . People might laugh at some of his movies but Bond , as a character, wasn't meant to last the seventies, he was a relic that belonged in the sixties. Roger Moore' s style made Bond cool in the climax of the seventies .4)Daniel Craig -I love him and he is the best thing to happen to Bond in decades. At last an actor that looks like a bad-ass action hero (which is what Bond is) , the first sinced Lazenby .5)Timothy Dalton . I wish he'd stayed for more movies. I loved his cynicism , too bad that LTK was awful .6) Pierce Brosnan - a wimp and the only one that didn't fit the character at all plus all his movies , except goldeneye , were horrible abominations . I like him as an actor , i hated him as Bond .

Problem is that Brosnan, after Connery, was the Bond the general audience liked most if you look at tickets sold and gross. ;)Craig so far is on the same level as Brosnan, but he just delivered two movies so far and not four.

ConneryCraigBrosnanDaltonLazenbyMooreWhile I liked some of the moore movies when I was young, dont care for his portrayal at all. Lazenby had potential but got the wrong advice from his agent. Dalton acted well in so-so movies. I wish he had better director support. Brosnan had a great start with Goldeneye but his movies got worse(Die Another Day was awful). I wish he was able to play bond 1st time around(during Remington Steele days). He would have beaten Connery as longest playing bond.Craig has brought something unique to bond. CR was simply fantastic while QOS was mediocre. I am having high hopes for Skyfall based on what I have seen so far.Connery is the epitome of bond. Both movies and his portrayal are in the league of themselves. I simply love his 1st 4-5 movies. Especially From Russia/Goldfinger/Thunderball.

I've heard this question so many times, and I've always thought it was unfair. The changes in filmmaking from Dr. No until now are so drastic. A static shot of Connery sitting at a table with no expression with flat lighting and a high treble brass score is FAR less dramatic than Craig at the same table and SAME expression with lens filters and modern lighting techniques and modern camera dynamics/angles and modern atmospheric score. With the passage of time, filmmaking has evolved so much that an actor's performance is merely a fraction of what affects the audience.

But... if you don't over-analyze the crap out of it like I just did.... then you gotta go with Connery.

Connery - still the best over-all. His first 4 Bond movies are spectacular and even though his last two were mediocre he was still pretty good.Brosnan - thought his portrayal of Bond was great.Craig - so far so good. Of all the Bonds, he's the one that certainly looks like someone you wouldn't want to mess with, LOLMoore - did a good job over-all, but out stayed his welcome by about 2 movies.Dalton - decent portrayal, but just could never quite get into himLazenby - not bad, but hard to judge considering that he only did 1 movie