Beginning on August 1, 2017 all free accounts will have the same avatar size as all paid accounts. This means you will be able to upload larger avatars on that day if you have a free account and this will no longer be a paid perk.

CJohn

Moana | 11/23/16 | Teaser Trailer on Page 33

Spidey Freak    11,429

You can always rely on Disney to squeeze every last drop out of that udder! :P But I'm ecstatic that there will be a Sing Along. The film is really deserving of that little extra $$$

• Like 1

CelestialFairyIX    1,064
Chart (2016–17) Peak
position
US Kid Albums (Billboard)[35] 1
US Soundtrack Albums (Billboard)[36] 1
UK Soundtrack Albums (OCC)[33] 2
US Billboard 200[34]
[2]
New Zealand Albums (RMNZ)[28] 3
Australian Albums (ARIA)[18] 4
Austrian Albums (Ö3 Austria)[19]
Vaiana
German Albums (Offizielle Top 100)[25]
Vaiana
Canadian Albums (Billboard)[22] 14
Swiss Albums (Schweizer Hitparade)[31]
Vaiana
UK Albums (OCC)[32] 27
Scottish Albums (OCC)[29] 29
French Albums (SNEP)[24]
Vaiana
Irish Albums (IRMA)[26]
[27]
Spanish Albums (PROMUSICAE)[30]
Vaiana
Dutch Albums (MegaCharts)[23]
Vaiana
Belgian Albums (Ultratop Flanders)[20]
Vaiana
Belgian Albums (Ultratop Wallonia)[21]
Vaiana

Tracks[edit]

Track title Performer(s) Peak positions
US
[10][16][37]
AUS
[38]
CAN
[39]
NZ
[40]
UK
[41]
"How Far I'll Go" Auli'i Cravalho 41 58 [A] 94
"How Far I'll Go" Alessia Cara 58 67 55 37
"You're Welcome" Dwayne Johnson 65 86
"We Know the Way" Opetaia Foa'i & Lin-Manuel Miranda 93 [C]

"How Far I'll Go" is expected to rise once more and finally hit the Top 40 and possibly Top 20.  There are already talks about a Broadway adaptation and Moana will have a VERY hard time hitting #1 as the La La Land soundtrack is doing PHENOMENAL business overseas and domestically and could hit #1 this week. 

cannastop    9,164
39 minutes ago, Morieris said:

We didn't have the soundtrack at our Target, which is both :D & :( (I wanted to buy one).

Who still uses CDs?

zootopia-disneyscreencaps.com-5401.jpg

• Like 3

DamienRoc    10,740
5 hours ago, cannastop said:

Who still uses CDs?

zootopia-disneyscreencaps.com-5401.jpg

I check out CDs from the library, rip them to my computer, upload them to Google play, then download to my phone for listening. 

CelestialFairyIX    1,064
29 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

ayLjm7r_700b.jpg

Favorites from each era:

The Golden Era - Pinnochio and Snow White 

The Silver Age - Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty 

The Bronze Age - N/A 

The Dark Age - N/A

The Renaissance - The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Alladin, The Lion King, Mulan, and Hunchback of Notre Dame 

The Experimental Era - The Emperor's New Grooze, Lilo and Stitch, Atlantis, Treasure Island, Meet the Robinsons, and Bolt

The Revival/Resurgence Era - Tangled, Wreck-it Ralph, Frozen, Big Hero 6, Zootopia, and Moana

Spidey Freak    11,429

I think TPatF should be "Experimental Era" too as it was still an experiment to see if 2D animation and the musical could be revived. The results were inconclusive on both fronts. 2D animation would get one last chance with Pooh '11 and as for musicals, there were reports that after TPatF's underperformance, Lasseter thought the genre was dunzo and Tangled was only released because by that point they had already invested a ton of resources into it. WDAS was prepared for a repeat disappointment but fortunately Tangled and Rapunzel came through for the studio, its trademark musicals and the potent Disney Princess brand.

• Like 2

elcaballero    3,275
1 hour ago, shayhiri said:

ayLjm7r_700b.jpg

I think I like all of the dark age films (although I haven't seen Oliver and Company since I was little).

• Like 1

sabrecmc    524

Saw Moana yesterday in a surprisingly nearly sold out theater.  There were only 3 shows available, so I guess that's why.  Great movie.  

• Like 1

SteveJaros    556
11 hours ago, Dingdong123 said:

Lol the Revival Era started with Tangled, not PATF

Disagree. PATF marked a return to the more classic themes of traditional Disney animation. IMO an artistic line is warranted between it and Bolt, even though Bolt did better at the box office. Bolt was in line with those other 2000s films that I think the other poster captures nicely with the "experimental" tag, though one could less charitably call it a "groping for footing in Pixar's shadow" period after the massive bonanza of the 90s. 

tribefan695    12,421

Disney's revival hasn't been all about being traditional, though. Wreck-It Ralph, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia's tones all fall more in line with other contemporary animated films. 

• Like 1