#ED

Weekend Estimate #s FF6: 34.5 NYSM 27.8 AE: 27.3 TH3: 15.9

Yeah, but we're not really comparing profits or budgets here. The amount that a studio spends doesn't equal the amount that a studio will make. We're just talking BO here.

No one thought Oz had any chance to gross more than STiD. And almost no one was impressed when Oz grossed $231M; a lot of people considered it disappointing. So it's a huge shocker if STiD grosses less than Oz.

I didn't think $231m was disappointing at all.

• Like 1

Before the Trek reboot if someone said a Trek film would have made over 200 million would it have been considered a disappointment?

True but with expanding markets, this isn't a great result for Paramount. 

Yeah, but we're not really comparing profits or budgets here. The amount that a studio spends doesn't equal the amount that a studio will make. We're just talking BO here.

No one thought Oz had any chance to gross more than STiD. And almost no one was impressed when Oz grossed $231M; a lot of people considered it disappointing. So it's a huge shocker if STiD grosses less than Oz.

Oz is estimated to have passed $233M this weekend. Thanks Iron Man. :P

• Like 1

Yeah, but we're not really comparing profits or budgets here. The amount that a studio spends doesn't equal the amount that a studio will make. We're just talking BO here. No one thought Oz had any chance to gross more than STiD. And almost no one was impressed when Oz grossed $231M; a lot of people considered it disappointing. So it's a huge shocker if STiD grosses less than Oz.

And it's still making some money with some help from IM3 it grossed an extra 5M after IM3 release. And Disney and theater chains will probably use the same tactic to give IM3 a boost with MU :D
  • Like 1

Isn't it really only UK and AUS and US/Can that have big drops?  I guess that constitutes most of the predominant 

English speaking countries.

Yeah that's what I mean, NA, UK and OZ are the three main ones.

• Like 1

Oz over STID both DOM/OS ... who would think.

I actually always said STiD wouldn't do more than 250M OS. But I also did said at some point that it would do over 400M DOM :lol: (my final prediction was 315M in the BGS).

As I recall, you were the only one pissed off about it because it screwed over your club. :P

Yes, well, kind of, but there were a lot of us who laughed at that spike seeing as how absurd it was.

• Like 1

Upset special of the summer (so far): NOW YOU SEE ME conjured up $28M, while AFTER EARTH felt the burn w/ $27M.

So now NYSM increased and AE dropped?

Universal's Fast & Furious 6 beat both films to stay at No. 1 in its second weekend, declining 65 percent to $34.5 million for a stellar domestic cume of $170.3 million. The action pic earned another $75 million overseas for a dazzling worldwide total of $480.6 million.