CoolioD1

Favourite Bond Theme song?

For me it's a tie between Live and Let Die and A View to a Kill. Which is funny; seeing as how the theme songs are probably more well known and remembered than the movies themselves.

Those might be my two favorites.

I always have had a soft spot for the OHMSS theme song (partially because it dared to change things up by going full instrumental rather than vocal-based).

From Russia With Love has an instrumental piece for the opening credits too.

There were still songs made for each film. "From Russia with Love" by Lionel Bart and "We Have All the Time in the World" by the great Louis Armstrong.That said, I do love OHMSS's version best. I love the retrospective and funky 60s vibe with John Barry's great theme.

They're all pretty good, I suppose. It's just that I only instantly remember the last 6 movies' songs. Just listened to Licence to Kill by Gladys Knight. Great epic song. Can't believe I forgot it. A View to a Kill is great too.

Living Daylights by A-Ha is not good, though. As is For Your Eyes Only.

The new one by Adele, "Skyfall", is pretty good. What do the rest of you think about it? Posted Image

Sounds more classic than the last few entries but it still needs to grow me.

And I think "You Know my Name" is a lot stronger than most give it credit for. When Arnold was involved with the title song it came out great other than maybe his collaboration with Garbage on TWINE. His TND title song with KD Lang was rejected for what was almost universally received as the worst Bond title song ever.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsbLcsQcU_g

It's not up there with the best, but anything would have been better than Sheryl Crow strangling a cat(ooooh, Bond film reference).

I didn't know people absolutely hated the Sheryl Crow song. I think it's rather good.

I dunno, I just remember reading a few stories about how KD Lang got the shaft because she's gay and I looked up a few worst lists on google and this song was the worst on a couple. There are a lot of lists, but to not be in the top ten on any of them is pretty telling, IMO(Even QOS and DAD's themes show up in the top ten on a few).

Both Duran Duran and A-Ha's themes are both loved and hated, but at least they get a reaction. You know a song is pretty bad when no one either remembers or wants to remember it.

Duran Duran ("A View to a Kill") I always remember, even though their theme is kinda cheesy. Who remembers A-ha, though? I don't. What was the name of their song? Posted Image

The Living Daylights? Just a guess. :P

Actually, the song that plays(and theme) during the assault on the compound by the fake milkman is one of my favorite Bond tunes. it's composed by John Barry and performed by The Pretenders:

Edited by Accursed Arachnid!™
  • Like 1