#ED

Wknd Est: Purge - 36.6M; FF6 - 19.7M; NYSM - 19.5M; Intern - 18.1M; Epic - 12.1M; STiD- 11.7M;

16 M is insane.  What about NYSM RTH?

Think we'll start seeing a horror film released more often in this time period? Come on Paramount, next June has a Friday the 13th on the calendar. Get moving with a Friday the 13th sequel involving summer camp.

• Like 1

Good debut for The Purge. It certainly looks interesting, but I'm not going to watch it in theaters. Disappointing for Internship. How much will NOW YOU SEE ME make of off a 6M Friday?

I love that NYSM increased by about 100%.  Last year on this Friday nothing increased more than 85% in the top 10.

Yeah, most of the holdovers looking at great drops for the weekend especially NYSM, Epic, STID, IM3 and TGG.  

Purge 14.2-14.8,Intern 5.8-6.5, NYSM 6,FF6 5.9,Epic 3.5,AE 3.3, STID 3.2,THO3 2.3,IM3 1.6, TGG 1.3

Awesome holds for IM3 and STiD. Both are finally showing some late legs but lets see how they holdup next weekend. NYSM heading for a sub 40 weekend drop? And FF6 could be hitting 200 by Sunday.

And given the fact that young adults seem to be drawn to crap like this, it's only a matter of time before someone commits a crime mimicking this movie and it will happen..

And, somehow, it will be the Tea Party's fault.

• Like 1

Think we'll start seeing a horror film released more often in this time period? Come on Paramount, next June has a Friday the 13th on the calendar. Get moving with a Friday the 13th sequel involving summer camp.

The last great horror film I remember is the US adaptation  of the Japanese horror film THE GRUDGE. Buffy stars and it did $39 million/$110 million or so. There is also BLAIR WITCH which did $29 million/$140 million in 1999. But BLAIR WITCH is a ground-breaking concept that gave birth to countless found footage films like PARANORMAL & VHS etc. Look at THE GRUDGE first 3 days: $14.5/$15.5/$8.9. If PURGE could replicate this, wow!

Posted Image   Posted Image

Edited by zackzack