#ED

Wknd Est: Purge - 36.6M; FF6 - 19.7M; NYSM - 19.5M; Intern - 18.1M; Epic - 12.1M; STiD- 11.7M;

Horror films can be so profitable due to most having such a low budget. I think most of them only need an effective trailer and that's pretty much it. Easy money.

If I had a production company, that's all I'd make and no film would have a budget over 10M. Jason Blum basically does the same thing right now and it has worked brilliantly.

The Purge was only 3m. Ethan Hawke must be getting a backend cut.

Yep. He took the same deal he had with Sinister, from the same production company. He made over 10M off that film when all was said and done.He looks to make even more with The Purge because it will outgross Sinister.

• Like 1

Yep. He took the same deal he had with Sinister, from the same production company. He made over 10M off that film when all was said and done.He looks to make even more with The Purge because it will outgross Sinister.

Ah I see thanks. I forgot he was in Sinister.  Good for him.  I always wondered why his career slowed down. He seems to be doing well with what he's doing.

Ah I see thanks. I forgot he was in Sinister.  Good for him.  I always wondered why his career slowed down. He seems to be doing well with what he's doing.

I think he does these movies because not only do they not take very long to film (The Purge took only 20 days), they make him money so he can focus on his real passion, writing, directing, and doing small films like the Before Midnight. He at first was hesitant to do horror as it apparently took a lot of convincing to get him to agree to do Daybreakers. That film wasn't much of a hit either but he obviously liked the experience enough that he's doing Predestination with the same directors.

Edited by Leatherface
  • Like 1

I think he does these movies because not only do they not take very long to film (The Purge took only 20 days), they make him money so he can focus on his real passion, writing, directing, and doing small films like the Before Midnight. He at first was hesitant to do horror as it apparently took a lot of convincing to get him to agree to do Daybreakers. That film wasn't much of a hit either but he obviously liked the experience enough that he's doing Predestination with the same directors.

That's interesting. Glad he's doing what he wants to do.

And I had The Purge as my lowest grosser in the summer game. :(

I mean, what kind of a sick society do we live in where such an anarchic movie gets to be number 1?!

Caught on with young people.

To the extreme in which this movie shows??? Very rare if at all, same thing for The STRANGERS which was illogical as they come.. Like, oh I don't know?? Someone knocking on your front door at 4AM in the morning wearing a mask, just standing there and you go to answer the door without so much as even looking out the window to see who it is, or looking through the peephole which I'm pretty sure, doors back in the 70's when this movie was set had them???

Have you heard of the Manson Family murders? Movies like Strangers have been heavily inspired from those tragedies which occurred in the 60's. 

• Like 1

I initially borked at idea of Purge doing 16, thinking atm 14-16, it should be very strong going into evening way about anything else Intern go with 6-8 atm, take a look couple hrs see how looks +/- , NTSM seems to be holding well

Purge 14.2-14.8,Intern 5.8-6.5, NYSM 6,FF6 5.9,Epic 3.5,AE 3.3, STID 3.2,THO3 2.3,IM3 1.6, TGG 1.3

• Like 16