#ED

Wknd Est: Purge - 36.6M; FF6 - 19.7M; NYSM - 19.5M; Intern - 18.1M; Epic - 12.1M; STiD- 11.7M;

He doesn't always die. I think you're confusing him with Sam L. Jackson.

lets see:

Oblivion, Red, Wanted, Unforgiven, Bucket List, Hard Rain (I think he does). Okay not every film but he dies quite a bit it seems

No matter how implausible it may be, the concept of the Purge is just pretty damn interesting. I've had at least five conversations this week with people about what would happen/what I'd do if the Purge was a real thing, and half of them weren't even really interested in the film. It's kinda fascinating, in a macabre way.

lets see:

Oblivion, Red, Wanted, Unforgiven, Bucket List, Hard Rain (I think he does). Okay not every film but he dies quite a bit it seems

I watched Hard Rain recently and he survived. But there's also Glory, Sum of All Fears, and Nurse Betty where he dies.

I don't think his death list tops SLJ.

Edited by Jay Beezy

I don't think a real Purge would be as murder/rape-y as the movie depicts. I think it'd be alot more hard drugs in public, people running around naked and having sex, and stealing shit. Most of the casualties would be people fighting over the same shit to steal. 

• Like 1

I watched Hard Rain recently and he survived. But there's also Glory and Sum of All Fears where he dies.

Oh yeah how can I forget

Glory, that ending was shocking to me as I was 10 when I saw it, but he does not die in Fears as he plays the younger version of James Earl Jones character

Oh and I think he dies in March of the Penguins :P;)

Oh yeah how can I forget

Glory, that ending was shocking to me as I was 10 when I saw it, but he does not die in Fears as he plays the younger version of James Earl Jones character

Oh and I think he dies in March of the Penguins :P;)

He and JEJ play two different characters in the Jack Ryan movies. And indeed Freeman does die.

I don't think a real Purge would be as murder/rape-y as the movie depicts. I think it'd be alot more hard drugs in public, people running around naked and having sex, and stealing shit. Most of the casualties would be people fighting over the same shit to steal. 

Thats because your an idealist...

If the purge becomes real, the sicko's would have a field day and the Purge would likely get banned. 

Thats because your an idealist...

If the purge becomes real, the sicko's would have a field day and the Purge would likely get banned. 

Call me crazy, but for a large part, I think people insane and hateful enough to do truly awful things are almost as likely to do it on a normal day as when it's legal. Most people won't turn into crazy murder freaks if they weren't already.

Call me crazy, but for a large part, I think people insane and hateful enough to do truly awful things are almost as likely to do it on a normal day as when it's legal. Most people won't turn into crazy murder freaks if they weren't already.

That does not make sense. 

Using that logic there is no point banning guns...

That does not make sense. 

Using that logic there is no point banning guns...

What? People couldn't do half the awful things they want to do, whether legal or not, without guns. It's actually even more of an argument for banning guns.

• Like 1

Actually parts of the US where the most gun control is are more violent then parts where anyone can get them...

Anyway lets take stuff like this to the politics form guys-not everyone wants to get into this type of talk in the derby.

Agreed. I mean weve tecnically had a Purge...1992 LA Race Riots. People basically did what they wanted for like 72 hours, but it was mainly looting and arson. People were killed, but not on Purge level. I think robbing banks would the #1 thing people would do. I cant imagine sane people trying to run around and kill others for fun. Thats something youd have to live with. Edited by jandrew

The NBA Finals cut into previews, and massive numbers of high school graduations might have cut into Friday totals. Obviously it will drop, but not that much. It still has alot of audience that wants to see it.

You will be shocked at the IM this weekend.

Agreed. I mean weve tecnically had a Purge...1992 LA Race Riots. People basically did what they wanted for like 72 hours, but it was mainly looting and arson. People were killed, but not on Purge level. I think robbing banks would the #1 thing people would do. I cant imagine sane people trying to run around and kill others for fun. Thats something youd have to live with.

Shieeeet, I know I'd try and cut down my college loan debts a little bit  :lol:

• Like 1

You said crazy people do things no matter what, but by having laws, rules and security in place it makes it harder for them to do any real damage.

Your telling if there is  a day to anything you want, people like the Dark Knight Shooter, Adam Lanza's would not exploit it?

Anyways I would imagine something like the purge would likely cause Gun Ownership to skyrocket. 

I would never own a gun but if the purge was real I would for sure.  :P