#ED

Wknd Est: Purge - 36.6M; FF6 - 19.7M; NYSM - 19.5M; Intern - 18.1M; Epic - 12.1M; STiD- 11.7M;

So Summer increases are mostly...Friday 50% MaxSaturday 25% MaxSunday -20% decreases?I'm confused here.

No Saturday increases can still be very big.  Families can make a film jump 50%.  Even a film like IJATKOTCS jumped north of 50% in 2008 on Saturdays.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 1

No Saturday increases can still be very big.  Families can make a film jump 50%.  Even a film like IJATKOTCS jumped north of 50% in 2008 on Saturdays.

what on earh does IJATKOTCS stand for?

Upon reading about the Purge-it sounds very disgusting and bad. And it apparently is not that great. Well it should be the type of film at the Razzies-not some big budget film they will honor.

Upon reading about the Purge-it sounds very disgusting and bad. And it apparently is not that great. Well it should be the type of film at the Razzies-not some big budget film they will honor.

Why is it disgusting? 

Texas Chainsaw $8mMama $15mDark Skies $3.5mLast Exorcism Part II $5mEvil Dead $17mThe Purge $3.5m.Amazing that none of the releases have budgets over $20m.And four out of the 6 opened at #1. :)

Even the lowest grossing film on that list turned a profit or will once DVD and other ancillary markets are taken into account. The Last Exorcism Part 2 and Dark Skies did 15M and 17M respectively theatrically yet their low cost means they will make money. IMDB used to have the budget for TCM 3D at 20M. 8M sounds way more reasonable, even with 3D.

With those kind of budgets, why is Hollywood at times seemingly afraid to make horror films? As long as the budget stays reasonable, they don't lose money.

Edited by Leatherface

I should say disturbing. Sorry I'm not interested in seeing something like that.

And I don't hate everything horror. I'm just not into them...(I dislike rom coms and musicals also)

Anyway-I'm thinking it will have about a 33M OW. With a 70M total.

You know I'm surprised Devil Inside 2 was never announced. Yeah it might of had terrible legs but still, I'm surprised they didn't make another one.

Okay-so what will be the next film to repeat at number one? Monsters U has a chance-depends on how well Heat/WHD do. (Any of those 3 could win)If not-not till August I guess. (That month is crazy)

A preview for next week:

Telemachos: Good-bye you under-predictors. My hopes and dreams travel with you.

firedeep: It’ll be a bomb. The trolls will kill it.

Telemachos: How? It’ll be a god to them.

iTz OnLy ED: What if a film dreamed of becoming something bigger than tracking intended? What if a film aspired to something greater?

NEXT WEEK

Gopher: I was at the advanced showing! I know how Snyder did!

ShawnMR: You’re the answer, MoS. You’re the answer to if online buzz equals mainstream buzz.

iTz OnLy ED: Can’t I keep on pretending it’s just online buzz?

ShawnMR: It has more than online buzz. I have to believe the film was sent here for a reason, and even if it takes the rest of your summer, you owe it to yourself to find out how good the movie is.

grim22: How do you predict a movie that’s spent a lifetime with good tracking? With some tweets, it’s the best film of the year. For others, a disappointment; it doesn’t quite fit in.

Telemachos: It will give the moviegoers of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race in line; it will sell out, there will be spillover. But in time, they will join it in the sun. In time, it will accomplish 400M, a wonder.

From the BOXOFFICE FORUMS

Creator of MONDAY NUMBERS THREAD and STAR TREK INTO FLOPNESS: WHAT WENT WRONG?

BKB: You think MAN OF STEEL is good? People will save their money for THOR 2!!

And studio WARNER BROS.

Distributors of THE GREAT GATSBY and INCEPTION

iTz OnLy ED: My friends believed that if I really went to see Man of Steel, I’d reject it. They were convinced that the film was crap. What do you think?

grim22: What’s the S stand for?

iTz OnLy ED: It’s not an S. On my predicts it means “June record.”

grim22: Well, here it’s just an $. How about Big Mon-

Nikki: Not a record!

iTz OnLy ED: Excuse me.

MAN OF STEEL WEEKEND NUMBERS

JUNE 14

Edited by Blank of Steel
  • Like 11

A preview for next week:

Telemachos: Good-bye you under-predictors. My hopes and dreams travel with you.

firedeep: It’ll be a bomb. The trolls will kill it.

Telemachos: How? It’ll be a god to them.

iTz OnLy ED: What if a film dreamed of becoming something bigger than tracking intended? What if a film aspired to something greater?

NEXT WEEK

Gopher: I was at the advanced showing! I know how Snyder did!

ShawnMR: You’re the answer, MoS. You’re the answer to if online buzz equals mainstream buzz.

iTz OnLy ED: Can’t I keep on pretending it’s just online buzz?

ShawnMR: It has more than online buzz. I have to believe the film was sent here for a reason, and even if it takes the rest of your summer, you owe it to yourself to find out how good the movie is.

grim22: How do you predict a movie that’s spent a lifetime with good tracking? With some tweets, it’s the best film of the year. For others, a disappointment; it doesn’t quite fit in.

Telemachos: It will give the moviegoers of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race in line; it will sell out, there will be spillover. But in time, they will join it in the sun. In time, it will accomplish 400M, a wonder.

From the BOXOFFICE FORUMS

Creator of MONDAY NUMBERS THREAD and STAR TREK INTO FLOPNESS: WHAT WENT WRONG?

BKB: You think MAN OF STEEL is good? People will save their money for THOR 2!!

And studio WARNER BROS.

Distributors of THE GREAT GATSBY and INCEPTION

iTz OnLy ED: My friends believed that if I really went to see Man of Steel, I’d reject it. They were convinced that the film was crap. What do you think?

grim22: What’s the S stand for?

iTz OnLy ED: It’s not an S. On my predicts it means “June record.”

grim22: Well, here it’s just an $. How about Big Mon-

Nikki: Not a record!

iTz OnLy ED: Excuse me.

MAN OF STEEL WEEKEND NUMBERS

JUNE 14

Nah, I will be avoiding the weekend numbers thread altogether. In fact, I am planning on being off the forum from Tuesday through next Sunday.

Also, Lois's dialogues?? Seriously  :P

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1