#ED

Wknd Est: Purge - 36.6M; FF6 - 19.7M; NYSM - 19.5M; Intern - 18.1M; Epic - 12.1M; STiD- 11.7M;

My predict is $111M, but that's based on a few factors. To be dead honest, there isn't much buzz in my area (yet) and I don't see as much American GA buzz as there should be (yet), but MOS looks like a beast, and I think its going to hold well once people realize how beast it is.

I agree with you about the GA. I think the Internet buzz is huge and excitement is there for sure. Whether or not it busts out above 100 will depend on strong WOM and walk ups though.

Regarding my Lena Headey, I wish Dredd had broken out like that.

She's a good actress. Seen her in quite a few things from years ago. Always gave a strong performance. Don't watch Game of Thrones but I'm glad she at least gets her shine there.

I agree with you about the GA. I think the Internet buzz is huge and excitement is there for sure. Whether or not it busts out above 100 will depend on strong WOM and walk ups though.

Walkups. Walkups will be KEY. Whats weird is I cant understand the lack of GA hype. SR is universally forgotten with the GA, unlike SM3 was with TASM, but yet I'm still not seeing "OMG SUPERMANS BACKK". I don't think people are reluctant, they just don't know what to think, but WOM spreads fast and once guys hear "dude, that Superman was sick! The action made me cry" and girls hear "omg, Becky, that Superman was so deep and emotion, it made me cry", people are going to get on board, and then the road to $300M begins!

Walkups. Walkups will be KEY. Whats weird is I cant understand the lack of GA hype. SR is universally forgotten with the GA, unlike SM3 was with TASM, but yet I'm still not seeing "OMG SUPERMANS BACKK". I don't think people are reluctant, they just don't know what to think, but WOM spreads fast and once guys hear "dude, that Superman was sick! The action made me cry" and girls hear "omg, Becky, that Superman was so deep and emotion, it made me cry", people are going to get on board, and then the road to $300M begins!

I agree. This weekend will be a blast to watch. 

eta: Another big factor will be the family friendly aspect.

Edited by ECSTASY

Agreed. But that'll depend on how good MoS really is and how much of the GA will like the reboot. The trailers are amazing for sure but its still trailers.

Depends on the 2nd weekend drop

You think they care anymore? They already have profit from first day of release so I don't think they'll stay around thinking. This will turn into the next Paranormal Activity trilogy. Low budget with high box office income. Next movie will probably have a 5-7M budget. It can drop as much as it wants from its predecessor, but it still would bring in some decent money for the studio.

not trying to brag, but this is what I said -My predict was $33M. I came to this conclusion based on one medium...Twitter. You cant underestimate it. I used Twitter as a main reason fore Trek "disappointing". Purge may suck to most, but im glad its doing good, especially for 2013's sake.

I think you got lucky this time. Twitter has shown to be a good tool, but one you had to use in addition to others. My big thing was that there have only been 3 major horror releases this year. The last one being first weekend of April. Horror audiences were starved. This and they had a great and unique hook(which they completely fucked up) and it caught on. I had to see it because of the premise. Now the horror audiences being starved doesn't bode well for You're Next though. Whereas this one was the third horror film in five months, it will be the third in three months.

Good Oblivion was far better and underrated

Universal is rewarded for taking risk with high-concept OBLIVION with low-concept actioner FF6 & low-budget THE PURGE.

DM2 destined for $300 million goodness. Bad Mamas, MAMA & The McCarthy, brought extra topping of cheese.

Pretty damn good year for Universal.

Last night I get a call from my dad telling me "Don't see After Earth. It is very boring and disappointing"

Thanks dad, glad to know you are still caring enough to tell me what films are bad ;)

• Like 1