kayumanggi

ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS: THE ROAD CHIP | 12.18.15 | Fox | final domestic gross: $85,886,987

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/alvin-chipmunks-4-finds-a-758855

Get ready for more Alvin and the Chipmunks.

Walt Becker is signing on to direct a fourth installment of Alvin and the Chipmunks, Fox 2000 and New Regency’s latest in the successful CG/live-action hybrid series featuring the singing rodents.

Plot details for the further musical misadventures of troublemaker Alvin, intellectual Simon and chubby Theodore are being squirreled away in a tree.

Adam Sztykiel, whose credits include the Patrick Dempsey rom-com Made of Honor and Todd PhillipsRobert Downey Jr- Zach Galifianakis comedy Due Date, penned the most current draft of the script. Randi Mayem Singer (Mrs. Doubtfire) was the previous writer.

It is unclear whether Justin Long, Matthew Gray Gubler and Jesse McCartney will return to voice the characters or if Jason Lee will saddle up once again as their put-upon caretaker Dave.

The movie has a Dec. 23, 2015 release date.

I actually like the Chipmunk movies. .what can I say I was a big fan of the animated when I was little, they are cute and they are funny. (although the third was just ok) I don't know if I really think they need a fourth one, and I'll probably be seeing starwars7 for the 5th time when this comes out, but I'll probably check it out on dvd.

• Like 1

I actually like the Chipmunk movies. .what can I say I was a big fan of the animated when I was little, they are cute and they are funny. (although the third was just ok) I don't know if I really think they need a fourth one, and I'll probably be seeing starwars7 for the 5th time when this comes out, but I'll probably check it out on dvd.

The first movie is amazing ( so much so that some movies feel the need to copy the plot exactly *cough Despicable Me*cough*)

The second was good and the third was forgettable. I hope they get their grove back for this one.

• Like 1

Despicable Me did steal it's plot exactly from Alvin and the Chipmunks.

Ethan...shut up, please. No, Universal did not steal anything from Alvin in the Chipmunks. If anybody did any stealing, it was Smurfs. Same hybrid, wacky, take over the town type of movie. Despicable Me and Alvin are not related in any way, shape, or form. 

Despicable Me has more in common with these movies, than it does Alvin. Geez... http://boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=daddyfishoutofwater.htm

• Like 3