CJohn

Puss in Boots 2: The Last Wish | December 21, 2022 | 8th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

So now there are ten threads for movies that have no titles and are four to five years from release. These threads have driven the threads for films that will be released in the next twelve months off the first page, disrupting the flow of the forum. Why could these not have been put on The Lot instead of in the Box Office Discussion section until there is more information about the films? 

By my count, that makes 8 animated films for 2017 and 8 animated films for 2018 already announced between just Fox and Disney.  I'm kinda an animated film buff myself and all, but sheesh...

There is a clear over-saturation of animated films. I think that some animation competitors will end up going out of business. I am very confident that Disney will be one of the winners of the animation war because they have 2 top animation studios: WDAS and Pixar.

When it was Marvel, everyone did it and it was fine. Now that it is DWA/Blue Sky and Disney nobody likes it.

I don't like it even when Kubrick or Hitchcock rises from his grave and announces untitled projects in the span of 5 years.

There is a clear over-saturation of animated films. I think that some animation competitors will end up going out of business. I am very confident that Disney will be one of the winners of the animation war because they have 2 top animation studios: WDAS and Pixar.

:rofl:

• Like 1

I imagine DWA will be hit hardest if their films underperform as we saw with ROTG. The smaller studios will be okay as they tend to have films with modest budgets.

Well they want to secure dates. Disney and Pixar did the same thing weeks ago.

Yes. That was stupid too. Now all the bigger studios are going to fill up dates 5-10 years in advance because of certain franchises or animation studios.

Yes. That was stupid too. Now all the bigger studios are going to fill up dates 5-10 years in advance because of certain franchises or animation studios.

It was up to 6 years in advance, not 10.

I guess it's due to the time it takes to make an animated film that they need to secure dates and they can alway change them at a later time if need be. I imagine WB will schedule their DC films for the next four years should MoS be a smash,