Neo

Aquaman | Dec 21 2018 | James Wan. Jason Momoa. Biggest DC movie of all time WW

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Yea the whole internet was being super weird about this trailer which probably contributed to them releasing a weird trailer

I think Wan was just over thinking what he had to show cause of all the talk. They should of showed the 6 minutes they showed in hall H lol. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

More trailers, especially first ones, should be built around a single scene that'll make a big impression. It was good when that was something of a trend

The Zootopia sloth joke trailer:

Was really a great example of that, with that 2 minutes they said to all parents, do not worry you will like this one. It still setup the character dynamic, the world, the tone, etc....

Has for the trailers, well you can see how they could wait to have some CGI close to the finish line and that it could take time.

) Look like they are taking a swing good

) Look like it will end up costing a fortune, really good

Probably made for the fanbase (cinemacon and stuff) because I didn't understood anything.

Edited by Barnack

It looks ok I guess? It's months out but it's all a little hokey and "been there done that", just underwater.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Maybe cause people were complaining that it was “late”. 

What does that have to do with them releasing a busy trailer? 

If anything the later the trailer gets released, the better cut it should be. 

I don’t know why people here are complaining that the trailer showed too much. After all those months of waiting, I would’ve hated for them to have shown too little, especially since the movie is only five months away. My biggest gripe with the trailer is that I’m not a fan of the whole “kid gets bullied” backstory. It’s too overdone at this point. 

There was also apparently some additional footage that was exclusive for Comic Con, so it sounds like they haven’t played all their cards yet.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I figured there’d be all these complaints about the CGI, but I didn’t expect to see more of them here than on Twitter. 

In most places I looked, this is the only forum that actually seems to be complaining.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

What does that have to do with them releasing a busy trailer? 

If anything the later the trailer gets released, the better cut it should be. 

I meant that’s maybe why they felt they had to put more in it, than the usual first trailer. 

Looks epic. Black Manta is sick!

Edited by Omario
  • Like 1

The reaction on here is so different from... everywhere else. 

Wonder why

• Like 3

Just now, Krissykins said:

The reaction on here is so different from... everywhere else. 

Wonder why

we tend to overanalyze

• Like 3

Overall today is a win for WB/DC. People overall enjoyed both trailers which is good and it looks like both movies are trending now. 

Im not expecting huge numbers for either movie but I think both will be good and hopefully most people will give DC another chance if they haven’t liked previous movies in the dcu. 

• Like 2

There are parts which make go OH THAT LOOKS GOOD and other parts which are just look like more of the same issues JL had. Still decent trailer for sure.

• Like 1

Young Arthur at the aquarium is taken from HP:TSS. Harry talks to the snake, gets bullied, sets the snake onto the bullies. 

The story does play like underwater BP - rightful king, usurper of the throne, civil war, duel that decides who sits on the throne, chanting masses

That said, I dig the shit out of world building and we didn't have many underwater universe movies so bring it. 

Thought the trailer was pretty meh. I’m just not sold on these dc films anymore.

• Haha 1
  • Not Cool 1

The trailer felt like nothing. Big CGI mess that doesn't sell me on the movie at all. Disappointed

• Like 1
  • Not Cool 1

Honestly the only real problem I can think of are sometimes the visuals look off. It’ll probably end up looking better in context and more work before the release date. 

• Like 2

Gonna be a tough fight between this and Alita to see which one gets the title of "2018's Valerian"

• Not Cool 1