Happy Summer Movie Season. Play the summer game.

Neo

Aquaman | Dec 21 2018 | James Wan. Jason Momoa. Biggest DC movie of all time WW

7 minutes ago, Nova said:

I would let social media reactions after the London premiere but hold off on actual reviews for a little bit. I think next Monday releasing reviews would be a bit early for the US release date. I would probably hold off until like December 7th for actual reviews. 

I reckon they'll drop the embargo on December 7th or the same weekend so that it's close to the OS openings. 

Friday is probably going to be new footage plus tickets go on sale, That’s what I was reading on line. 

Having had just 1 trailer is a very good sign. WB used to release multiple trailers for every movie, but starting this year there were some of their movies that had only 1 trailer: The Meg, The Nun, A Star Is Born and Crazy Rich Asians. What these movies have in common? They all seemed to be tracking very well and opened much better than expected.

They have put out several trailers for Fantastic Beasts 2, which seems to be in trouble, and also for Teen Titans Go to the Movies, which made almost 3x its budget domestic, but still did poorly for a movie released in over 3000 theaters in the middle of the Summer, I'm sure they were hoping for more than that.

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

Having had just 1 trailer is a very good sign. WB used to release multiple trailers for every movie, but starting this year there were some of their movies that had only 1 trailer: The Meg, The Nun, A Star Is Born and Crazy Rich Asians. What these movies have in common? They all seemed to be tracking very well and opened much better than expected.

They have put out several trailers for Fantastic Beasts 2, which seems to be in trouble, and also for Teen Titans Go to the Movies, which made almost 3x its budget domestic, but still did poorly for a movie released in over 3000 theaters in the middle of the Summer, I'm sure they were hoping for more than that.

I don't think there's a correlation, Ready Player One had several trailers and was a hit for example as was Ocean's 8. TTG I don't think you can say did poorly, I don't think WB ever expected to be a huge hit given the tiny budget and FB2 likely will be a solid hit even if its dips domestically.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I don't think there's a correlation, Ready Player One had several trailers and was a hit for example as was Ocean's 8. TTG I don't think you can say did poorly, I don't think WB ever expected to be a huge hit given the tiny budget and FB2 likely will be a solid hit even if its dips domestically.

Yeah hard to see a correlation, but Aquaman will probably get a final (&second) trailer anyway.

I know it was called an "Extended video" but I fail to see how the 5-minute video thing doesn't count as a trailer.

• Like 1

Apparently not as good as MoS and BvS, but it looks cool anyway. Something similar to Ragnarok and GOTG. Fun, hope and optimism everyone was waiting for. lol

Edited by dcmos
  • ...wtf 2

1 hour ago, dcmos said:

Apparently not as good as MoS and BvS, but it looks cool anyway. Something similar to Ragnarok and GOTG. Fun, hope and optimism everyone was waiting for. lol

If its not as good as MoS or Bvs its in big trouble. :hahaha:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, AndyK said:

If its not as good as MoS or Bvs its in big trouble. :hahaha:

If it's not as good as BvS it must be Really Bad...

But another guy who just does not get that the "everything must be dark and gloomy " approach to the DCU has been tried...and has failed.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I had a feeling WB would do it, it worked successfully for Jumanji and HT3 when Sony did it. Although I did think it would be the 8th December similar Jumanji to which was two weeks before release.

“Not as good as BvS”

trrfd.gif

So basically you’re trying to say this movie is Catwoman level?! James Wan really made a movie that bad?

Edited by Bane Cook
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

Why do people here keep refusing to accept different opinions? It's a well known fact that Batman v Superman was very well liked by the DC fans community. If you're going to make a scene every time someone says they liked the film, I have bad news for you. BVS is still the highest grossing DCEU movie worldwide.

Back on topic, I'm glad some American fans will have the opportunity to see the movie on December 15th, only 3 days after we do, and not 8 days like previously scheduled.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

If it's not as good as BvS it must be Really Bad...

But another guy who just does not get that the "everything must be dark and gloomy " approach to the DCU has been tried...and has failed.

Just because people might had problems with the execution doesn't mean a serious approach is inherently not wanted.

• Like 2