Neo

Aquaman | Dec 21 2018 | James Wan. Jason Momoa. Biggest DC movie of all time WW

11 minutes ago, Nova said:

Whether this gets certified fresh or not will depend on how the next batch of reviews go. If it can maintain fresh reviews, it'll get that certified fresh rating but if it keeps fluctuating in the low 70s on RT, it may not get it despite being above 70% ala Han Solo 

Rotten Tomatoes is weird when it comes to that though and I dont understand it lol 

Basically, if you get up to 75% at some point after 80 reviews, you get certified fresh. If you happen to dip beneath 70% after that - it's revoked.

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Nova said:

Whether this gets certified fresh or not will depend on how the next batch of reviews go. If it can maintain fresh reviews, it'll get that certified fresh rating but if it keeps fluctuating in the low 70s on RT, it may not get it despite being above 70% ala Han Solo 

Rotten Tomatoes is weird when it comes to that though and I dont understand it lol 

if it gets above 75% with 80-85 reviews first it will get certified, even if it goes down afterwards like with RPO which was certified first when it was 77%-78% and  they kept the certified fresh logo after it dropped to 72%.

so hopefully Aquaman can stay in the 75%-77% range for the next 20 reviews or so :ph34r:

• Like 1

Just now, RealLyre said:

if it gets above 75% with 80-85 reviews first it will get certified, even if it goes down afterwards like with RPO which was certified first when it was 77%-78% and  they kept the certified fresh logo after it dropped to 72%.

so hopefully Aquaman can stay in the 75%-77% range for the next 20 reviews or so :ph34r:

It's getting there. Hopefully it'll reach 80 reviews before the weekend. I'm impatient. 

Reviews are about where I thought they would be.  DC/WB just need to keep trucking on eventually the bias towards Disney/Marvel will go away. 

Cheers 75% now with 61 reviews.

This trend reminds me of Interstellar which once it drops below 70% and rises back to 76-78% for fresh and remains certified fresh at 71-72%.

Edited by Michael Seng Wah
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Basically, if you get up to 75% at some point after 80 reviews, you get certified fresh. If you happen to dip beneath 70% after that - it's revoked.

From the Interstellar era and a certain RT obsessed poster who was  stalking  in constant contact with RT , that is not automatic.  If RT thinks it has a good chance to dip below 75% they can wait on certification.  He bugged RT so much they hurried it up and just certified it Fresh - then right after it dipped below 75% and never made it back - but never fell below 70% so it kept it.  :lol:

• Astonished 1

8 minutes ago, Michael Seng Wah said:

Cheers 75% now with 61 reviews.

This trend reminds me of Interstellar which once it drops below 70% and rises back to 76-78% for fresh and remains certified fresh at 71-72%.

19 more...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

From the Interstellar era and a certain RT obsessed poster who was  stalking  in constant contact with RT , that is not automatic.  If RT thinks it has a good chance to dip below 75% they can wait on certification.  He bugged RT so much they hurried it up and just certified it Fresh - then right after it dipped below 75% and never made it back - but never fell below 70% so it kept it.  :lol:

The hero we deserved.

Tbh, I don't understand the obsessions with 'certified' fresh labels

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

The hero we deserved.

Tbh, I don't understand the obsessions with 'certified' fresh labels

It's useless and arbitrary, but still a good moral victory for fans. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

That poster is now an RT critic himself.

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

Who'd thunk Aquaman would be doing better reviews wise than Fantastic Beasts, 

46 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Lmao that's amazing. I know it's not automatic, but it happens. It happened to Alien: Covenant just last year lmao.

Seems like The Conjuring was a fluke. Wan being announced as the director used to hype me, but now it seems like he just got lucky with that film.

Edited by Goffe
  • ...wtf 2

2 minutes ago, Goffe said:

Seems like The Conjuring was a fluke. Wan being announced as the director used to hype me, but now it seems like he just got lucky with that film.

This ain’t it

3 minutes ago, Goffe said:

Uhhh, what? This is a joke, right?

The way some of the folks here are freaking out  with an actual positive fresh score is quite hilarious.  I have  to wonder in which state of insanity they were with SS or BVS 

Edited by Manny G
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2