Neo

Aquaman | Dec 21 2018 | James Wan. Jason Momoa. Biggest DC movie of all time WW

1 minute ago, Manny G said:

The way some of the folks here are freaking out  with an actual positive fresh score is quite hilarious.  I have  to wonder in which state of insanity they were with SS or BVS 

Was only a lurker then but I remember going through 25 tubs of popcorn for BvS alone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, MrPink said:

Wait he gave TDKR a B-?

I'm shook. This is not what I expected from him

• Astonished 1

Wonder Woman - 93%

Aquaman - 75% (61 reviews in)

Man of Steel - 56%

Justice League - 40%

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - 27%

Suicide Squad - 27% 

Definitely a good sign for DC, as far as critical reception goes and whatever impact RT has on interest in seeing films. With the huge money it is making in China, and overall positive reviews, it will rack up a lot of money at the worldwide box office, and potentially domestically as well this holiday season. It doesn't need a huge opening to still make good numbers overall, given the potency of the December holidays.

It will be fun to track the box office of this along with Bumblebee and Mary Poppins Returns, which are also looking to be positively received.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, Manny G said:

The way some of the folks here are freaking out  with an actual positive fresh score is quite hilarious.  I have  to wonder in which state of insanity they were with SS or BVS 

Its quite a bit weird to be honest. I mean, this is Thor territory. That film has an RT score in the 70's and a MT score in the 50's. Did people freak out about that?

People just need to chill.

• Like 3

EC: I already told you guys:ph34r:

But even if RT is under 26%, I still think DC universe and it's future gain everything and lose nothing this time. 

• Like 1

75% is a perfectly fine number and in line of what I expected. That's enough to help build on the universe even further. It should do very well at the box office.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Are we sure that's the same guy? Hasan isn't an uncommon name.

I don't think it's the same person. The infamous RT crusader y'all talking about is him.

52 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

Wonder Woman - 93%

Aquaman - 75% (61 reviews in)

Man of Steel - 56%

Justice League - 40%

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - 27%

Suicide Squad - 27%

They both currently have a 6.3 avg.

That combined with the RT score tell the tale that critic wise AQM does not have the love it/hate extremes of MOS

1 hour ago, Manny G said:

No need to wonder.  The threads are archived.

https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/forum/54-box-office-discussion-archived-topics/

76 RT score. Shit. I should have waited for it before booking tickets rather than being manipulated by China performance.

I didn't like the trailers except last one, but what can I do other than watching it 🙄.

Wait it's just 53 on Metacritic. Great.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1