Neo

Aquaman | Dec 21 2018 | James Wan. Jason Momoa. Biggest DC movie of all time WW

49 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

At least with Marvel and DC you get to move forward with the story and creative a new world (in the case of new characters like Black Panther and Aquaman). It's why I think they're gonna stick with Yates until the series is done (which depending on the box office could be next instalment). 

Do a loosely connected anthology ffs it suits this world more than SW movies!!

John wick did it nicely with 2 movies 

3 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Not too get too sidetracked on this thread but I can imagine doing a Fantastic Beasts movie might not be very appealing to many directors since you won't have the final say creatively and it's a prequel with a known end. 

If any new director were to come on to do one of those movies i'd imagine it would be simply because they love Harry Potter and would like a chance to work with JK Rowling. If a new director was brought in I doubt it would be a big name one, nor should it be. 

I only saw Aquaman for the 1st time last night.

Completely understand why it's gonna make 1.1+ billion. I had a Goddamn blast watching it. Really fun movie with a damn good cast, stunning action and effects, charming characters, and some of the best cinematography ever in a superhero film. Momoa is a badass, and a really believable hero. Enjoyed his chemistry with Amber Heard - who should keep the redhead looks, cause she's a total babe with them - quite a bit. The villains were cool too - Patrick Wilson had a good motivation for his villainy and he was an entertaining presence on-screen, and Black Manta was pitch perfectly executed. Nicole Kidman was awesome as well.

Cons: it was a little overlong, had one too many different tones shifting around quickly, the twists were beyond predictable and the dialogue was overreliant on uncreative exposition.

Still, for what it was supposed to be - a movie about fucking Aquaman - it was about as fun and badass as it could've been. Like a crazy 80's action film starring Schwarzenegger with some anime influence attached. James Wan is a Gawd, and I feel like this movie proved that, above all else, he has the visual creativity to really thrive in Hollywood. A deserved success.

Wonder Woman > Aquaman >>>> Batman V Superman > Justice League > Man Of Steel (had more fun with JL and I just feel no emotional attachment for this whatsoever) > Suicide Squad

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 6

BTW what's up with Rotten Tomatoes not giving Aquaman 'certified fresh' even after 333 reviews?

Just now, Ohana said:

BTW what's up with Rotten Tomatoes not giving Aquaman 'certified fresh' even after 333 reviews?

It has to be over 75% to get certified fresh on RT. It missed that boat a long time ago. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

It has to be over 75% to get certified fresh on RT. It missed that boat a long time ago. 

Oh, had no idea about that rule. 

Thanx!

Just now, MrGlass2 said:

:ohmygod::apocalypse:

aquabro needs 16m more domestic for 5x legs!

• Astonished 1

7 hours ago, AnDr3s said:

aquabro needs 16m more domestic for 5x legs!

though that would include the 4.7 pre-previews. imo for 5x it needs to have a final dom of 5.0*67.874 + 4.7 = 344.07

On 1/31/2019 at 5:34 PM, DlAMONDZ said:

Will Reeves Batman be able to top Aquaman? :ph34r:

Domestic probably

Worldwide definitely not

• Like 1

On 2/5/2019 at 7:02 AM, AnDr3s said:

could detective pikachu do more than aquaman?

If Pikachu domestic is close to Aquaman,definitely possible ww.

Edited by SliverS

What are your predictions for Aquaman in Japan? I think around 20M seems likely.

17 minutes ago, LordNox said:

What are your predictions for Aquaman in Japan? I think around 20M seems likely.

Here is how past DCEU films have fared in Japan. But seeing as Aquaman has done better than all the other DC films in the major Asian markets, I think $20 million is a good target too.

¥1.10 billion ($9.8 million) - Justice League (2017)

¥1.34 billion ($12.2 million) - Wonder Woman (2017)

¥1.76 billion ($17.0 million) - Suicide Squad (2016)
¥1.86 billion ($16.9 million) - Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

¥970 million ($9.8 million) - Man of Steel (2013)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Eww.

https://ew.com/movies/2019/02/13/james-cameron-aquaman/

What is with Cameron lately? He badmouthed Wonder Woman and now this.

I don't get it.

I still love his films, but why is he increasingly acting like a bitter, clueless old director? 

Not to mention that his complaints about Wonder Woman (**it reduces the female protagonist to a sex doll!** [Um, hello Jamie Lee Curtis in True Lies!]) and now his complaints about Aquaman (**It is not realistic!** [Um, hello entire Cameron filmography]) are hypocritically tone deaf.

*facepalm* 

3 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Eww.

https://ew.com/movies/2019/02/13/james-cameron-aquaman/

What is with Cameron lately? He badmouthed Wonder Woman and now this.

I don't get it.

I still love his films, but why is he increasingly acting like a bitter, clueless old director? 

Not to mention that his complaints about Wonder Woman (**it reduces the female protagonist to a sex doll!** [Um, hello Jamie Lee Curtis in True Lies!]) and now his complaints about Aquaman (**It is not realistic!** [Um, hello entire Cameron filmography]) are hypocritically tone deaf.

*facepalm* 

Maybe he's just trying to get attention. I really don't know why Cameron is saying stuff like this. He's a very intelligent guy, someone I would expect to lower himself to that level. Either way, luckily I don't give a crap about what he thinks.

• Like 1

He literally says in the article that he enjoyed the movie a lot.  Maybe actually read it?

“I think its great fun,” Cameron says. “I think its a movie I could have never made. Truthfully. I could have never made that film because it requires this total dreamlike disconnect from any sense of physics or reality. It exists somewhere between a Greek mythic landscape and a fairy tale landscape. And people just kind of zoom around underwater because … they propel themselves mentally? I guess? I don’t know. But it’s cool. You buy it on its own terms. But I’ve spent thousands of hours underwater. I’m very literal about my underwater. It needs to look like it’s real. And while I can enjoy that film I don’t resonate with it because it doesn’t look real.”

• Like 1