#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

Kinda fitting that another Marvel movie cross an important milestone 10 years after Spiderman, the flagship character of Marvel did it.

It's also kind of fitting that they both beat out harry potter's record set a year earlier lol

I dream to own a theater. :(

I want to have a fancy in-house theater  :P Guess I gotta study hard now for hope of making big bucks in the future  :)

It's also kind of fitting that they both beat out harry potter's record set a year earlier lol

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Are you trying to create flame wars? :P It's okay, we can get to 250 pages on our own at the rate we're going  :P

I want to have a fancy in-house theater  :P Guess I gotta study hard now for hope of making big bucks in the future  :)

I would need about a 20M loan to open a movie theater in NYC.
  • Like 1

Prices are already too high and I wish theaters/studios would at least do a test to see if attendance improves with lowered prices. My theater when I saw TITE on Thursday was $9 for adults, we go for MoS, it was $9.50. It may seem small, but .50 cent is a big increase when they usually increase a quarter. I'm afraid my theater will go over $10 next year. And I know theaters in NY, LA, and even worse, even with 2D prices.

I think that the other reason cinema has been doing badly is because TV's gotten more competitive and better. In Vancouver the ticket prices have been fairly steady, they haven't increased a cent in 3 years. (apparently for much longer than that, so I've been told) It's between 12.50-12.99 for a 2D movie. It's about 7.50 on tuesdays and 10% off if you're a scene member (membership is free). So it isn't too bad considering that movies are legitimately half off on tuesdays and the prices are probably gonna stay stable for the foreseeable future. I do feel bad for the people in LA though where tickets are close to 20 bucks just for 2D. 

• Like 2

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Are you trying to create flame wars? :P It's okay, we can get to 250 pages on our own at the rate we're going  :P

Oh NO! i love harry potter. I was just kidding. I guess fitting was the wrong word. Funny is a better word. It's funny how they beat Harry Potter's record set a year earlier.

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 1

You could even say, though it's less graceful; in every year ending with 2 or 7, the OW record is broken.

ha, that's interesting.

1977 - Star Wars

1982 - Wrath of Khan

1987 - Beverly Hills Cop 2

1992 - Batman Returns

1997 - Jurassic Park 2

2002 - Spider-Man

2007 - Spider-Man 3

2012 - The Avengers

• Like 3

What the hell is happening with MOS today? What were Saturday and Friday numbers.

44M36M32.7M = Sunday Estimate which RTH says could increase 35M - 37MPossible 114 - 115M OW in play to beat SM.
  • Like 1

ha, that's interesting.

1977 - Star Wars

1982 - Wrath of Khan

1987 - Beverly Hills Cop 2

1992 - Batman Returns

1997 - Jurassic Park 2

2002 - Spider-Man

2007 - Spider-Man 3

2012 - The Avengers

So does that mean TA2 won't break OW record in 2015?  :P

OMGsddfdsfH 8 pages! It's funny I'm not even in BSG.

Thanks for your help.

Now that I think about it, me and Ed should get extra points for actively trying to get to 250 pages, unlike the others  :ph34r:

Thanks for your help. Now that I think about it, me and Ed should get extra points for actively trying to get to 250 pages, unlike the others  :ph34r:

lol.. You're like 100K points ahead of me. Take a Leave of Absence.

Mmm it sounds stressful. :lol: The meltdown when Star Trek underpreformed were intense.

That was brutal. We all got fucked out of 50K Points or so.Lowest estimate was at about 240M or so.

I've always wanted to do it, but I've gotten lazy or just haven't had the time. Then this year, I told myself I would, but then I decided to volunteer for a month in July at a University running a program. I'll get very minimal internet access so I wouldn't have been able to do it. (I'll barely be able to get my CAYOM numbers in as it is)

lol.. You're like 100K points ahead of me. Take a Leave of Absence.

I'll be staying away from the forum in the next month cause I have a very important test to study for.

But I'll keep playing in BSG as long as I'm staying in Top 10  :D So away from all threads except BSG thread  :P