#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

The action is easily bigger and better than The Avengers. By far.

Yeah that. And this coincides well with the Spielburg article earlier. Big spectacle = big bucks, because of repeat viewings. I haven't seen IM3, so I don't know if this is true, but the action looked pretty generic and been there done that. That's why it didn't get very many repeat viewings. That's only a theory though. Side note: Page 250!

Its cooler, but Avengers looks more crisp.

Action is incredible with the sheer scale of it all, but I agree The Avengers action felt better paced and more organized. When it comes to action though this movie is a whole nother level.
  • Like 1

Yeah that. And this coincides well with the Spielburg article earlier. Big spectacle = big bucks, because of repeat viewings. I haven't seen IM3, so I don't know if this is true, but the action looked pretty generic and been there done that. That's why it didn't get very many repeat viewings. That's only a theory though. Side note: Page 250!

Personally, Iron Man 3 had a lot of problems, not just action. As an Iron Man fan, yes Iron Man 3 sadly did lack in terms of appropriate action, especially the final battle given the amount of firepower involved.

For Man of Steel, it has tons of big spectacle, but aside from that, it's also a good movie. That helps a lot. Granted, even crappy films with big spectacle sometimes make decent money at the box office.