#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

Like better CG or?

Avengers had better CGI in certain scenes. MOS has a lot more destruction but Snyder's films always look more gritty and less airbrushed. Everything also happens at a much quicker pace so it's advisable to sit at the back of the cinema to get a better experience.

I can't say which is better in terms of action, they are both done quite differently but MOS is definitely on a larger scale.

• Like 1

Let's see that second weekend drop first, especially with the competition it'll have...

Even though I'm interested in seeing WWZ, I think the holdover from MOS will be enough to keep it at the #1 spot. 

$50-$60m opening weekend for WWZ, and a 2nd weekend around $60m for MOS, no?

Is the action bigger or better than the Avengers?

The best way I can put it is, in The Avengers, the action didn't do justice for the characters and plot. Given the superhuman abilities of many of the characters in The Avengers, good and bad, and given the plot, the action was very lacking in Avengers.

In Man of Steel, given the plot and the characters involved, the action definitely did justice in the film. You'll walk out of Man of Steel feeling very satisfied that the action did justice in terms of what Superman and Kryptonians are capable of in terms of power, abilities and destruction.

Had MOS came out last year and had TA just been released, people would undoubtedly claim TA was superior in action.

Lol, nope.

Edited by ACCA
  • Like 2

Disagree all you want, it happens every year. An action film comes out and its the best action ever, until the following year when a new action movie is released and the old one starts getting bashed lol. With MOS the action seemed very blury and unfocused at times, with TA it was a pure clean picture with every scene.

Disagree all you want, it happens every year. An action film comes out and its the best action ever, until the following year when a new action movie is released and the old one starts getting bashed lol. With MOS the action seemed very blury and unfocused at times, with TA it was a pure clean picture with every scene.

Posted Image

Uh ... you DO realize in Man of Steel the action is displayed like that because both Superman and the villains are moving and fighting at superhuman speeds? Speeds far too fast for a human to actually see clearly. If such beings existed in reality, their movements would be a blur to us. With that aside, Man of Steel's action still posessed enough clarity to know what's going on.

Edited by ACCA

Posted Image

• Like 2

I've yet to see MoS, but I'll give TA its due - the last 45 minutes were action Valhalla and I couldn't believe how much it all escalated.

If I were to criticise it I'd say the heroes were a little too invulnerable at times (fair enough for Hulk but what's Black Widow's excuse?) but it's not something I was conscious of at the point of consumption.

Posted Image

• Like 3

The best way I can put it is, in The Avengers, the action didn't do justice for the characters and plot. Given the superhuman abilities of many of the characters in The Avengers, good and bad, and given the plot, the action was very lacking in Avengers.

Man, Avengers had giant f**king anacondas. So I'ma have to disagree with you on this. I thought the last 30 min of the movie did do the characters justice.

• Like 2

Man, Avengers had giant f**king anacondas. So I'ma have to disagree with you on this. I thought the last 30 min of the movie did do the characters justice.

I will have to respectfully and strongly disagree with you on The Avengers. They made Loki and Thor pathetic in the film in terms of power, and abilities, just to make all the other Avengers (and SHIELD) appear strong and almost equal in comparison. Even with Hulk they barely displayed the full potential of his power.

Edited by ACCA

Even though I'm interested in seeing WWZ, I think the holdover from MOS will be enough to keep it at the #1 spot. $50-$60m opening weekend for WWZ, and a 2nd weekend around $60m for MOS, no?

Have you forgotten about MU??Thats a player too.. But im pretty sure that MoS will stay above WWZ

It would be catastrophic if MU couldn't pull off #1 next week.

I'm really not sure about that movie. I have it around a 60-65m opening, so MoS could still be number one again. WWZ I'm expecting 50mish.