CAYOM Year 8 Discussion Thread

Just checking but, if we're still extending the deadline (which I hope we are or else I have a lot of work to do), what are we extending it to?

Another week or so would work for me. I've only had since Monday free to work on it (most of which I spent finishing off my 2013 list). And I've got other stuff I need to work on as well.

Im cancelling the ship of dreams due to reasons I'll explain tomorrowIm fast tracking the innocent for a release this quarterI'm also going to release an edited hairspray singalong on 7th December to replace the ship of dreamsCompleted Wallace and gromit 2, Simpsons 2, Norman's, flappy bird and the garden

Reason I've cancelled the ship of dreamsThe script was a mess to write and it was absolutely awful of what I had wrote and with titanic being one of my favourite films of all time, I didn't want to make a bad titanic and ruined it so I have cancelled the projectPlease update the schedule asThe ship of dreams benign removedHairspray: Shimme more (with some singalong)- 7 DecemberThe innocent- theatres as 5 on 5/10, 20 on 12/10, 138 on 26/10, 340 on 2/11, 720 on 9/11, 860 on 16/11, 1,470 on 21/11, 3,450 on 30/11, 3,930 on 7/12

Thin, Fat, and the Felon isn't happening. I could post an awful outline of it, but I'd much rather save it for the summer when I'll flesh it out to be the big fantastic Edgar Wright comedy OC I want it to be

Christ, the pile-up this quarter is making Summer look practically barren in comparison.

And considering how many large budget blockbusters are being thrown about, I expect to see at least a few big flops. Especially since, out of all the blockbusters, the only one I'd call reasonably safe at this point is Dragon Age.

Christ, the pile-up this quarter is making Summer look practically barren in comparison. And considering how many large budget blockbusters are being thrown about, I expect to see at least a few big flops. Especially since, out of all the blockbusters, the only one I'd call reasonably safe at this point is Dragon Age.

I disagree The pile-up is only bad in two places, and only for family-oriented films (Giver/Simpsons/Unfortunate Events, Mermaid/Gromit/Airbender). An adult-skewing blockbuster would do fine either of those blocks. Moving Mushishi to post-Thanksgiving will ruin its OW and Black Ship should never be released on New Year's weekend since nothing ever gets released that Friday. Simply release it Christmas Day like what happens a ton of times.I'm not counting November 2-4 weekend because that's a weekend where people saw what was coming out and they threw their films into that weekend regardless. And the actual offerings are pretty diverse in genre (though Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash will die hard on Friday).

Edited by Numbers of House Stark
  • Like 1

I disagree The pile-up is only bad in two places, and only for family-oriented films (Giver/Simpsons/Unfortunate Events, Mermaid/Gromit/Airbender). An adult-skewing blockbuster would do fine either of those blocks. Moving Mushishi to post-Thanksgiving will ruin its OW and Black Ship should never be released on New Year's weekend since nothing ever gets released that Friday. Simply release it Christmas Day like what happens a ton of times.I'm not counting November 2-4 weekend because that's a weekend where people saw what was coming out and they threw their films into that weekend regardless. And the actual offerings are pretty diverse in genre (though Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash will die hard on Friday).

You've got a point. I suppose it's just confusing due to the limited releases everywhere.

Also, I already know Freddy vs Jason vs Ash has no chance of taking the weekend. I'm just in it for that sweet sweet Halloween horror cash.