CAYOM Year 8 Discussion Thread

All my unfinished films are moving along decently enough. For me it's always been an issue with being motivated to sit still and work on them as opposed to doing other things.

I usually sit still most of the time, but when I open the Word Document to write them I just think of something more entertaining to do.

On another note, I'm worrying that I haven't gone into enough detail with Two Way Road, mainly because I hurried to write it and because I was trying to keep the word count down, as some of you asked.

Edited by ChD

But yeah, people save a lot of stuff for the holidays, just like real life.

I had a huge life involving extracurriculars back in Summer and Spring, but now I don't :P Still don't have time to do legit films anyway :/

How badly would people murder me if I got Branagh to direct a shakespeare in Year 9 or 10? I'm thinking of either Timon of Athens (a tragedy) or Richard III. Richard III will probably be adapted as is, but for Timon, I think I'm going to modernise it. 

All my unfinished films are moving along decently enough. For me it's always been an issue with being motivated to sit still and work on them as opposed to doing other things.

This basically. I've got a lot of ideas for what I want to do, but I just haven't been motivated to do anything about them. 

How badly would people murder me if I got Branagh to direct a shakespeare in Year 9 or 10? I'm thinking of either Timon of Athens (a tragedy) or Richard III. Richard III will probably be adapted as is, but for Timon, I think I'm going to modernise it. 

Considering how long I have been waiting for Branagh to revisit a "classic" Shakespeare, I'll take a CAYOM outing of one.

So upon consideration, I am pulling Blood Currency since it won't be finished. It's the kind of film I want to be very cautious about writing.

In the future I won't put it on any schedule, I'll simply post it whenever I finally finish it.

My other two films will be completed, I just need to grind them out. The main issue with Dragon Age: Awakening is fitting a condensed version of the Awakening story arc from the expansion DLC into the first 2/3 of the film's storyline while intertwining with the overarching political strife plot. I can get it done, it's just a matter of having the timing elements line up right. (Of course the real plot challenge is in the future when I try to make the plot of the Dragon Age 2 video game into something far more coherent for the next series of franchise outings).

• Like 1

Just double checking, today is definitely the deadline, right? We're not planning on extending it any further?

Yes, it's technically midnight tonight, but like all deadlines if you edit/insert some stuff between then and when I check things in the morning (since I am usually asleep before midnight) it's no biggy. No more extensions, we just hit a rough patch with people's time commitments this quarter.

I also have to postpone Numbers Theory to first quarter Year 9 because of how unexpectedly long Dragon Age turned out.

Which makes me sad, because I wrote the final scene for the movie already and I love the closing line.

Couple of rights related issues I want people's opinions on. Do you think Starship Troopers counts as a classic franchise (so no other films can be made from it, like with Indiana Jones) or not? And do you think Jackass should be a community franchise or off-limits due to it being made recently?