CAYOM Year 8 Discussion Thread

I know I really didn't like many people back at the start of the game and thought many people were snobby and annoying but over the course of the last month and especially the last couple of weeks I have started to see another side in everyone. I now really like everyone and thank you all for letting me play. This has been a great year (and especially great last quarter) and I can't wait till Y9.I really also hope people have come to like me on here as well

Edited by MeanGirlsFilms
  • Like 1

riczhang, in case you don't remember you're supposed to run the Year 8 Oscars in all stages.Since reviews are winding down and actuals will begin soon, this is a heads-up since I imagine we'll want to start Oscar picks early next week. So if you can't do it, let us know.

Am I supposed to? I probs don't have time at the moment :( I can do the lists and tallying the votes but I won't have time to write the ceremony.

I know I really didn't like many people back at the start of the game and thought many people were snobby and annoying but over the course of the last month and especially the last couple of weeks I have started to see another side in everyone. I now really like everyone and thank you all for letting me play. This has been a great year (and especially great last quarter) and I can't wait till Y9.I really also hope people have come to like me on here as well

I'm sorry if we were a bit patronizing at the part of the game, but I'm really excited to see what you'll come up with. Quite frankly, I was a pretty awful player when I first began. (Numbers, do you remember Mallory Woodward?)

• Like 1

I'm sorry if we were a bit patronizing at the part of the game, but I'm really excited to see what you'll come up with. Quite frankly, I was a pretty awful player when I first began. (Numbers, do you remember Mallory Woodward?)

No and it sounds like I shouldn't!  :lol:

• Like 1

I seem to work in reverse. I brought up a brilliant movie and a good one in my first year, then downgraded with Heavy Rain, and now with those two movies that barely get into any Top 10 (Only Numbers got me a Top 5).

Also, let's not forget Journey. That beautiful disaster.

• Like 1

Am I supposed to? I probs don't have time at the moment :( I can do the lists and tallying the votes but I won't have time to write the ceremony.

The ceremony itself is less important than the vote tallying and results, so if all you can do is a bare-bones presentation that's fine.

Having different people handle the Oscars is all about having everyone get involved with important bits rather than making them do some extra creative writing.

You're brand-new to the game and you're the youngest player by far. The older you get and the more experience you get writing, your work will improve dramatically.

Back in the old BOM days, I'd say I wasn't really a good writer until 5-6 years in.

• Like 3

No and it sounds like I shouldn't!  :lol:

If you're dying to know, it's a saccharine love story about a girl who becomes a writer with her boyfriend (played by Justin Long), and her grandma appears in literally one scene just to tell her not to give up on her dreams. While she's with her grandma, the boyfriend misses her and becomes an alcoholic, and it's all just complete melodrama and saccharine.

It was also 300 words long.

I never really shined in the BOM CAYOM, but I'm new and improved here and haven't looked back since.

Edited by Spaghetti

If you want, I can try writing the ceremony for you, or at least the bits you don't have time to do. I've got a fair amount of spare time this month.

The ceremony itself is less important than the vote tallying and results, so if all you can do is a bare-bones presentation that's fine.Having different people handle the Oscars is all about having everyone get involved with important bits rather than making them do some extra creative writing.

I'll put up a thread Monday or Sunday night then.

If you're dying to know, it's a saccharine love story about a girl who becomes a writer with her boyfriend (played by Justin Long), and her grandma appears in literally one scene just to tell her not to give up on her dreams. While she's with her grandma, the boyfriend misses her and becomes an alcoholic, and it's all just complete melodrama and saccharine.

It was also 300 words long.

I never really shined in the BOM CAYOM, but I'm new and improved here and haven't looked back since.

No one ever needs to look up Leitmotif. That movie is best left to time to rot

• Like 1

riczhang has already said he's putting up Oscar picks on Monday

I was just about to say that we don't really need the actuals before we start Oscar pickin'.

I was just about to say that we don't really need the actuals before we start Oscar pickin'.

Exactly.

The only thing that matters is that domestic totals should wait for finalized Oscar nominations since nominations can influence the box office of late-released films.