CAYOM Year 8 Discussion Thread

I've been thinking about it, but has anyone ever tried writing a film in basic movie script format?Like those scripts that detail actions, dialogue and scene locations, and are written in Courier New font?

I use final draft. 

I use final draft. 

I don't use Final Draft because it's too expensive. There's an online program called Screenwriting Pro that's for free and everything is saved to your account. They also have an app, which is useful for when on the go.

I don't use Final Draft because it's too expensive. There's an online program called Screenwriting Pro that's for free and everything is saved to your account. They also have an app, which is useful for when on the go.

ALL ABOARD THE PIRATE SHIP.

• Like 1

I have finally been freed by my writer's block from the oddest place of inspiration: Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog. :P

If that is so, we should expect some killer movies from you this year.

Edited by ChD
  • Like 1

If anyone knows The Who's Tommy, there's a scene where a young Tommy is molested by his uncle.

I'm trying to wonder if I can work this in the movie and keep it at a PG-13. I can write the scene so that this is implied, and we don't actually see it happening. For reference, I think it happened in the 1975 film, and that managed a PG rating. Perks of Being A Wallflower also had references to sexual abuse of a child and got a PG-13 rating.

If anyone knows The Who's Tommy, there's a scene where a young Tommy is molested by his uncle.

I'm trying to wonder if I can work this in the movie and keep it at a PG-13. I can write the scene so that this is implied, and we don't actually see it happening. For reference, I think it happened in the 1975 film, and that managed a PG rating. Perks of Being A Wallflower also had references to sexual abuse of a child and got a PG-13 rating.

You could do that, yes. PJ did it in Lovely Bones too with Susie's murdering. It was implied that she was murdered, but never shown.

If anyone knows The Who's Tommy, there's a scene where a young Tommy is molested by his uncle.I'm trying to wonder if I can work this in the movie and keep it at a PG-13. I can write the scene so that this is implied, and we don't actually see it happening. For reference, I think it happened in the 1975 film, and that managed a PG rating. Perks of Being A Wallflower also had references to sexual abuse of a child and got a PG-13 rating.

The creators of the 1975 Tommy may have gotten away with it due to the MPAA being less strict about sex and violence in movies than today.A scene involving a child being molested by an adult on screen would qualify for an NC-17 rating, due to this being very graphic sexual content. In real life you may be able to get past with an R rating if its not extremely graphic.I think it would be more effective and hard-hitting to add in the molestor scene rather than imply it. Most filmmakers try to get PG-13 ratings, but if you want more dramatic effect than you should go with an R rating.

The Deadline will be the last movie I'll release on this game. Have fun everyone.

This will probably be my final year. Also Unbalanced 5 is the conclusion to the series. 

I'm thinking about leaving too after Year 8 or 9. I'm trying to persue other creative interests, and maybe start writing actual scripts.

I hate to say it, but I might leave after this year. Freshman year of college starts in September for me, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to come back easily.

What is happening over here :( ?

Do like me. Come back from time to time. I missed Year 7 but I am back now for a few months. I think the main games need a push on the main page. They are losing too many players :(

Edited by CJohn

What is happening over here :( ?

Do like me. Come back from time to time. I missed Year 7 but I am back now for a few months. I think the main games need a push on the main page. They are losing too many players :(

Hiccup and Spaghetti are going to college. ChD I don't know. I have a lot of things involving schoolwork in life too, and sometimes when life becomes harder than you need to give up a few things.

Hopefully one day will all just smile and come back for some reunion, but that's not happening anytime soon.

Hiccup and Spaghetti are going to college. ChD I don't know. I have a lot of things involving schoolwork in life too, and sometimes when life becomes harder than you need to give up a few things.

Hopefully one day will all just smile and come back for some reunion, but that's not happening anytime soon.

I am heading to my second year of college.

I also stopped for this months because of college. And I will stop again in the future. But in Christmas, Easter and Summer I will always return.