Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

If MU can get to $300m, then Finding Dory will be an absolute monster. I don't think there's any Pixar film more beloved than Nemo.

The reaction to Dory among people around my age has been insane from my experience. I've been shocked to find more people excited about it than Episode VII (no joke). And kids today still love Nemo as well from what I can tell.  Dory will be a monster. If Pixar lives up to Nemo quality wise I'm calling it now, Dory will give Shrek 2 a run in admissions. So 600m+ in other words.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

If Finding Dory is a TS2/TS3 quality level sequel than it could very well be what reckons with The Force in 2015. :P (that was lame, sorry)

Anything that isn't at least near the quality of the original Nemo thought it might not hold up as well.

• Like 2

If they're using Cars 2 projections based on matinee business, this could be hitting 35+ OD. I know a ton of people my age that want to see this movie at night- it's a beloved film from their childhood in a way that Cars 2 could never be. It will play very well tonight. I see Gopher already pretty much hit the nail on the head with this point. 

If Finding Dory is a TS2/TS3 quality level sequel than it could very well be what reckons with The Force in 2015. :P (that was lame, sorry)

Anything that isn't at least near the quality of the original Nemo thought it might not hold up as well.

It will be interesting to see how TA2 manages to compete that year. I have a feeling it will wind up 3rd to Dory and Star Wars.

If MU can get to $300m, then Finding Dory will be an absolute monster. I don't think there's any Pixar film more beloved than Nemo.

Finding Dory over $441. Shrek 2 is going down, and considering FN is arguably the 2nd most popular modern day animated movie ever, and Nemo and Dory's popularity, and 2015 prices, im not ruling out $500M Edited by LeFlop James