Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

The first 10 minutes alone make any argument for it being the weakest immediately invalid. Your own personal opinion can suck it. Up is NOT the weakest Pixar movie. FACT.

But a movie is more than 10 minutes.
  • Like 3

Out of the Ghibli movies I've seen the only bad one is Howl's Moving Castle, though I find Sprited Away physically uncomfortable to watch and therefore its one of my least favorite efforts from them.

lolwtf? It wasn't that sad man. :P

Lol, I think it maybe just caught me off guard a little that first time, wasn't expecting a TS movie to make me cry. And it was really sad for me because it felt like my childhood was officially over too, along with Andy's. I don't feel like people who didn't grow up on the first two could understand how sad that part is for those of us that did.

• Like 1

TS3's ending really hits people differently depending on at what's happening in their lives. I saw it right after graduation with the knowledge that I wouldn't being seeing a lot of my friends for a very long time, if ever, once the summer was over. So TS3's ending just about did me in.

I can't imagine what it would have been like for parents who were going to have their kids leaving for college.

• Like 2

Yes TS3 was. :(  Probably doesn't need spoiler tags but.

when they all held hands about to die in the fire

I cried like a baby.

But then again I cry anyway if I'm moved to do it. 

I cried in MOS. Spiderman 1, Amazing Spider Man, Iron Man 1 just to name a few, lol.

• Like 4

Lol, I think it maybe just caught me off guard a little that first time, wasn't expecting a TS movie to make me cry. And it was really sad for me because it felt like my childhood was officially over too, along with Andy's. I don't feel like people who didn't grow up on the first two could understand how sad that part is for those of us that did.

I grew up with the first two movies as well and didn't find the third one to be that sad.

• Like 1

But a movie is more than 10 minutes.

Well obviously. Point is those first 10 minutes alone trump the entirety of Cars, Cars 2, Brave, or A Bugs Life so therefore it automatically can't be the weakest. Then when you take into account the rest of the movie, it really can't be the weakest.

• Like 1

I grew up with the first two movies as well and didn't find the third one to be that sad.

You did? But aren't you the guy always talking about how much you remember Batman 89? Wouldn't that make you a  tad old to grow up on the TS movies?

Out of the Ghibli movies I've seen the only bad one is Howl's Moving Castle, though I find Sprited Away physically uncomfortable to watch and therefore its one of my least favorite efforts from them.

Que?

Studio Ghibli's best film I've seen is Spirited Away, which is also the greatest animated films I've ever seen. That is a masterpiece. 

Its terrific, but I'm just so grossed the fuck out by that No Face creature (without whom the movie would have been fine, btw) that I just cant enjoy two halves of the movie. Its unprofessional but I cant help it. 

Edited by Jack Nevada

You did? But aren't you the guy always talking about how much you remember Batman 89? Wouldn't that make you a  tad old to grow up on the TS movies?

I was 3 when I saw Batman 89 mate. I was 10 when Toy Story came up, so yes it was very much part of my childhood. Had the Buzz Lightyear and Woody toys.

• Like 1