Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

Fox is making a Juggernaut movie?

No come on now..lol Its the sequel juggernaut to the biggest film of all time.. As we go back

to pandora...And James will likely once again be in the number 1, number 2 and number 3 all time spots.

Just magnificent!!

It's been reported in trades  that the total costs were actually $225 million for the movie (I think this includes the interest due to the postponement) and $150 million for worldwide marketing, making the total costs around $375 and being WB's most expensive movie ever. I'll surely get a sequel but it needs to make more than $700 million to be in the black after the theatretical run. 

I think WB supposedly got $170M worth of licensing deals from various promotional partners. That'll probably cushion the blow a little bit.

Ed is not a true superman fan, giving up like that. Im taking off some of my friends Super Stripes lol.

The end is coming BKB when Avengers 2  gets crushed by  Juggernaut 2015.. I dont think he will be able to handle

it lol. Hah hah

Ed was here for Nolan and Nolan only, lol. He never claimed anything different. You can now find him in the Interstellar thread.

• Like 1

http://www.business-standard.com/article/news-ani/man-of-steel-earns-three-quarters-of-production-cost-before-release-113061200716_1.html

New Superman movie 'Man of Steel' recovering three quarters of its total cost even before a single fan has laid eyes upon it.

Thanks Rick......LOL Cairo obviously is a Superman hater lol.... Superman will be amongst the most profitable

big budget films this year.. :)

Ed was here for Nolan and Nolan only, lol. He never claimed anything different. You can now find him in the Interstellar thread.

Lol... Hah hah.. Im a nolan fan too.. But Im glad I stood with supes and was prepared to go

down with the ship for the 2nd time. This time Big blue was truly capable and will topple some very big

marvel films, which is amazing by itself(SR flop and made 395 M WW)

• Like 1

That article is bogus. :lol:

More than 100 deals have apparently helped it to rake in £110 million; which is not far off the £145 million that it cost to make.

You were saying Ecstasy.. Superman made about 200million even before it was seen.. Like I said

read those trades..LOL

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/photos/117640/1/Man-Of-Steel-Recovers-Three-Quarters-Of-Budget-Before-Its-Even-Released

Im sure thats in Variety and Hwood Reporter as well. Confirmed is more like it.. Superman will be far more

profitable than ST, GI JOE and certainly more profitable than any Ironman film besides the 3rd :)

No wonder so many products are noticable in the film.. Nokia and other companies went crazy with

product promotion in MOS.

Edited by Superman001

MOS. Expecting a 290 M - 305 M finish.

I'm really liking my prediction of 295 in Baumers game right now.

I'm not sure MU will be hitting 300m, as DM2 is going to hit it as hard as a film possibly can. But 275m would be fantastic and WOM is seemingly very strong compared to Pixars' latest installments, so who knows...

I predicted 265 for MU. I think that's going to be a little low, but we'll see how it looks after DM2 comes out.

I'm way too low on WWZ though.

More than 100 deals have apparently helped it to rake in £110 million; which is not far off the £145 million that it cost to make.

You were saying Ecstasy.. Superman made about 200million even before it was seen.. Like I said

read those trades..LOL

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/photos/117640/1/Man-Of-Steel-Recovers-Three-Quarters-Of-Budget-Before-Its-Even-Released

Im sure thats in Variety and Hwood Reporter as well. Confirmed is more like it.. Superman will be far more

profitable than ST, GI JOE and certainly more profitable than any Ironman film besides the 3rd :)

No wonder so many products are noticable in the film.. Nokia and other companies went crazy with

product promotion in MOS.

It has never been confirmed in Variety or THR that MOS has recovered 3/4 of it's production budget from the deals. They never even reported that. The trades did report that WB had 170m worth of promotional partners via product placement and other partnerships. That's why I say the article is bogus. That money has nothing to do with its production budget.

BusinessWeek article.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-06-21/warner-bros-dot-is-a-man-of-steel-marketing-machine

No come on now..lol Its the sequel juggernaut to the biggest film of all time.. As we go backto pandora...And James will likely once again be in the number 1, number 2 and number 3 all time spots.Just magnificent!!

Avatar 2 won't be released anywhere near the Avengers.

Just got a break at work, thought I'd see what's going on without going back 50 pages.. Anything new?? Did MOS gross well over 60M this weekend like the fans wanted or what???

Lol, I think you need a longer break at work, you seem confused.How on earth would it get to $60m from $12.7m on Friday? Your box office knowledge is obviously severely lacking.

It tops the product placement and promotional partnerships for a film but has nothing to do with the production budget.

All of that is not cash in the bank as those articles make it seem. They have spent a great deal on marketing some of that 170m such as product placement in the movie could be cash in the bank. A lot of it is partnerships like Jandrew said earlier Superman on Gillette razors etc. That's free marketing for WB but it has a value and that's counted in the 170m even though no cash exchanges hands.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-06-21/warner-bros-dot-is-a-man-of-steel-marketing-machine