Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

OMG I'm freaking out. MU cannot open to #2. Someone please tell me variety is not reliable. 

You're freaking out? MoS looks like its gonna have zombie shit on top of it this weekend.

WB seems to add as few thousand to all their estimates this week, hopefully the weekend estimate as well.

Don't worry, Walmart is on stand-by

• Like 2

FRIDAY 3:30 PM, 3RD UPDATE: Here’s how the domestic box is looking right now based on matinee trends, according to my sources. Disney/Pixar’s 3D toon prequel Monsters University (playing in 4,004 theaters) is opening and easy #1with $25M-$28M Friday (not including Thursday’s tally) and a likely $75M weekend. That would make it Pixar’s second highest opening ever, behind only Toy Story 3. Placing #2 is Paramount’s World War Z (3,607 theaters) co-financed with Skydance Productions which is looking like $20M Friday and $50M-$55M for the weekend which has the studio giddy with relief after all that pre-release bad buzz for Brad Pitt’s zombie pic. In #3 is last weekend’s top opener, Warner Bros’ and Legendary Pictures’ Man Of Steel (in the widest release, 4,207 theaters), with $17M-$19M Friday and around $50M. More later.
  • Like 2